Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is the Contax N Digital a usable dslr?  (Read 2545 times)

didger

Is the Contax N Digital a usable dslr?
« on: May 26, 2004, 06:19:26 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']I don't know a thing about this Contax digital camera, but I'd shy away from discontinued and bad reviews, not matter what kind of bargain price you can get.  Why put great Zeiss glass onto a questionable body?

However, are you aware that you can get lens adapters so that you can use Zeiss Contax lenses on any eos body?  I recently got an eos 1ds and ended up powerfully dismayed by the poor wide angle offerings (prime or zoom, Canon or Sigma) available for eos mount.  Then I found out that you can get adapters for Nikon and Zeiss lenses for eos.  Obviously, you lose AF and shutter priority AE, but generally you retain aperture priority AE.  I'm still looking into this for the 1ds.  I've already bought a Zeiss 28mm and eos adapter, but the lens hasn't arrived yet, so I don't know about AE for sure yet.  In any case I value top quality glass a lot more than all the automation in the world.

You can check out the adapters at www.cameraquest.com[/font]

Willowroot

• http://www.willowroot.ca
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 09:57:45 am »

[font color=\'#000000\']However, are you aware that you can get lens adapters so that you can use Zeiss Contax lenses on any eos body?[/font]
[font color=\'#000000\']Those won't fit the Contax AF lenses.[/font]
Jason Elias
willowroot.ca

rrobinson

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 03:07:08 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']I own and like using a 35mm Contax N1 camera. I own several expensive Contax lenses and would like to add a dslr. I have an opportunity to get a Contax N Digital at a decent price, but am concerned that is has been discontinued and reviews (what reviews I can find) are not very positive. Is the Contax N Digital camera a decent camera? Or am I just wasting my time considering this camera?[/font]

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 07:42:18 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']It seems to me that only someone who has used this camera is qualified to comment.

If you haven't seen it yet have a look at this site's review.

Michael[/font]

didger

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 12:35:55 pm »

[font color=\'#000000\']
It seems to me that only someone who has used this camera is qualified to comment.
I stand corrected.  I read the review and I'm impressed.  However, if I were in the market, the deal for this camera would still have to be really fantastic, since the negative aspects covered in your review are not insubstantial.[/font]
Pages: [1]   Go Up