Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

Epson 3800 Printing Problem

(1/2) > >>

Langsey:
I have a new Epson 3800 printer. I have a problem using the sheet(top)  feeder. After the print has finished. The printer doesn't release the photo. I have tried the down arrow and that doesn't release the photo. When I pull the print out the photo is smudged and has lines on the end where it it still in the printer. I have checked the settings for sheet size. The size is 8.5 x 11. The OS is Vista 64bit. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

John

JohnBrew:
You might try setting the platen gap wider. Your problem is probably more complex than that, but that is the first thing I would try before calling Epson.

Tyler Mallory:
Don't know what driver version you have, but you might try seeing if there's an update for that.

madmanchan:
A few questions:

1. Which paper are you using?

2. Are you sure you have removed all the blue packing tape? There should be around 50 pieces. Look carefully around inside, with a flashlight if necessary.

If you are sure you have removed all of the tape, and you're using, say, Epson Premium Luster for your testing, I'd suggest just calling Epson Support. Sounds like something is mechanically awry.

Langsey:
I haven't found any blue tape. I printed more photos adjusting the platen gap from narrow to wide to no avail. I watched the print head in action during print and when the photo is completed the print head keeps on printing on one spot. The coverage of the overprint is about one inch strip. The paper does not advance at that point. I have to pull the photo out. Also, not sure if this connected to above problem, when I use the front loader, I have to skew the paper at an angle so it will properly feed in. The photo prints just fine once I get it align correctly. Thanks.

John

PS: I printed from Lightroom 2.4 and Qimage on Epson Premium Glossy Photo Paper with the same results.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version