Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with Schneider HFT lens and e75LV  (Read 3354 times)

favalim

• photograficastudio.net
Problem with Schneider HFT lens and e75LV
« on: August 12, 2009, 04:35:00 am »

It happens sometime that using the 150 HFT Tele Xenar or the 60 HFT Curtagon with Hy6 and e75LV the image shows magenta stripes as in the picture.
It's very strange because I used the lens hood and the sun was rear my right shoulder so it can't be flare.  Yesterday it happened in the studio as well making a portrait with all the lights rear the lens and with white background rear the subject. It never happened with the 80m Xenotar. Waht could it be? it seems to be in relation with high contrast but it's quite random his presence.

ixpressraf

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 05:04:56 am »

Hi, It seems like a bad sync between camera and back. This happens when read out time of the sensor is not in sync with the opening of the lensshutter.

Christopher Arnoldi

• http://www.arnoldi-design.com
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 05:09:18 am »

I have a similiar effect with my SB 54H with Copal lenses when the time on the lens is longer than the time set in Capture shop. Perhaps the shutter of the Schneider 150 opens a little longer as it should be and the sofware in the back cuts off before the shutter is closed again. Just an idea.

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 05:22:00 am »

You get an effect very similar to this if the back starts to read the data from the sensor while the sensor is still subjected to light. In other words, the back thinks the exposure is over before the shutter is closed. I hope that helps work out the problem.

Graham Mitchell

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 05:47:18 am »

After re-reading your original post I have an idea. This once happened to me with a 40mm lens. The problem was that the shutter was broken. The camera was getting the signal that the shutter was closed even though it wasn't. Try inspecting your lens closely for correct shutter operation.

Bonobo

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 06:51:14 am »

Quote from: foto-z
After re-reading your original post I have an idea. This once happened to me with a 40mm lens. The problem was that the shutter was broken. The camera was getting the signal that the shutter was closed even though it wasn't. Try inspecting your lens closely for correct shutter operation.

I had the same problem with my 503CW,P25 and 150mm. Same effect, cause was a broken shutter.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 07:15:37 am »

Agree. Lagging shutter or bad flash sync port.

Either way the lens needs repair.

Cfranson

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 09:55:21 am »

Quote from: dougpetersonci
Agree. Lagging shutter or bad flash sync port.

Either way the lens needs repair.
As the Hy6/eMotion combo doesn't use separate cables to trigger the back, it's a pretty safe bet the shutter is not working as it should. Try cleaning the contacts on both the lens and body before assuming something is broken.

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 10:17:49 am »

Quote from: Cfranson
Try cleaning the contacts on both the lens and body before assuming something is broken.

Good point - worth the try if nothing else because it's free and easy!

Though don't get your hopes up; this specific symptom is less likely to be an unclean contact.

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 10:19:19 am by dougpetersonci »

Yv2

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 11:34:27 am »

Hi!

Have you used a time longer than 1/15? I know this effect in combination Hy6/150 2,8 Tele Xenar PQ. From 1/60 to 1/500 all is ok.

Best regards.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 12:58:33 pm »

I had a problem with a recent purchase of a used zoom which I got at a huge discount since it had been subject to some water exposure (actually submerged in fresh water!).  See the shot taken with  Rollei 6008AF / P20 which looks very simiar to yours.   Funny thing is it looked okay with film and I could see the shutter and aperture blades working, but Onick at Rollei Hensel service in NJ  said it had a bad shutter and replaced it for me this week.  First bad shutter I have seen in any of my rollei lenses, and maybe due to the water exposure?  Surely if your set-up is doing this with more than one lens, the contacts on the camera body would be the first place I would look.

Good luck with yours!
Eric
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 01:02:51 pm by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA

bradleygibson

• http://GibsonPhotographic.com
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 04:16:22 pm »

Favalim, I had exactly the same experience with a Curtagon 60mm lens as you're having now.  Just as in Eric's case, Onick in NJ took care if it for me (shutter problem) and it worked like a charm afterward as well.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 04:17:10 pm by bradleygibson »
-Brad
 [url=http://GibsonPhotographic.com

favalim

• photograficastudio.net
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 08:29:32 pm »

Thank you very much to you all; I'll try to clean the contacts first and eventually to repair the shutter.
Pages: [1]   Go Up