Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Basic questions on Sony 828  (Read 1806 times)

Lin Evans

• http://www.lin-evans.net
Basic questions on Sony 828
« on: February 08, 2004, 05:44:20 pm »

If you confine your ISO to 64 or 100, noise is not a relevant issue for the F828. At higher ISO's I find using Neat Image or Noise Ninja sufficient to make very good prints.

Prints from the F828 are quite good in my experience, and I'm comparing them to my several dSLR's up to the EOS-1DS. Though noise is virtually non existent in most dSLR shots, it can be a consideration for enlargements, especially for fine detail in landscapes with the F828. When I say enlargements, I'm talking about interpolated prints of 16x24 or larger. Noise artifacts can cause some issues with interpolation, so it's best to be sure you have a nice clean image before doing the interpolation prior to print.

The f828 isn't a "replacement" for a dSLR, but it's a dandy instrument for many purposes where SLR's are of less use. I particularly love my F828 for close-up shots of three dimensional art where I can get adequate depth of field which is ever so difficult if not impossible with my dSLR's.
Lin

tedsc456

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 01:40:45 pm »

Thank you Lin! About the size of prints, i am from Sweden so i use cm instead of inches, but i would say up till the size of an ordinary paper that you use in a desktop printer, that is A4 or 21 x 29 cm.

tedsc456

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2004, 10:36:54 am »

I have a couple of basic questions about the Sony DSC-828, a camera i am considering to buy. I have read more or less everything about this camera on several sites, but a couple of questions have not been answered.

1. Since i mainly use my digital camera for print outs i would like to know if the problems regarding noise etc. will have a negative impact on these?
2. If you were to use the camera in the 5 MegaPixel mode, will pictures still have the same problems regarding noise etc.
3. At present i have a 2 MegaPixel camera, and considering that, is it fair to say that most problems being discussed regarding quality issues with the pictures taken by the 828 will be something i will not notice since the quality will be so heavily improved over my present camera? What i want to know is if the issues about noise etc are actually something that is heavliy present on all 2 and 3 MegaPixel cameras. And it is actually less on the Sony 828? Or would i, moving from a 2 MegaPixel camera, experience more nosie etc. with the 828?

I know these are really basic questions but i hope someone can help me anyway. What i really want know is if the 828 is the digitalcamera to buy if you want the best fixed lens digital camera on the market.

A Scottish soul

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 03:19:44 am »

What size prints do you intend to make?
Pages: [1]   Go Up