Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Avoid Adorama in NY for your RC paper  (Read 8491 times)

cjmonty

• http://
Avoid Adorama in NY for your RC paper
« on: July 19, 2009, 02:37:24 pm »

I'm not interested in doing a retail hit-job here, but just a word of informed warning.  

I recently worked for a lab in New York, and from time to time we had to scramble for different sized RC papers, Fuji and Kodak.  This would take me to various dealers to get off-the-refrigerator-shelf paper.

Adorama is a great place for most things, but they practice some very murky dealings with there no-return color paper.  If its not past-expiry, its been physically abused, and is often inexplicably dirty.  I mean real dirt dirty, not just dusty.  The external dirt is ok for a sealed paper box, but the man-handled boxes would sometimes have whole-box kinks in the paper stacks because of past abuses.

As for roll paper- edges of the rolls themselves were often dented.  Unfortunately, this also often applies to their inkjet rolls, particularly Ilford, but that is for another Forum.  A recently purchased and half-destroyed roll of inkjet paper inspired me to pass on my past experiences.

They may not even carry RC paper anymore- the last time I went for paper was months ago, and they seemed to be running down their stock to its dregs.  As for their direct order paper from the internet, I cant say.  Perhaps it only gets man-handled in the 18th street store.  Hopefully, the situation has even improved recently- just be sure to check!

If its gotta be Adorama, go in person and ask to see the boxes before you get to the counter!

Helen Oster Adorama Camera

• http://www.adorama.com
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 03:18:16 am »

Quote from: cjmonty
I'm not interested in doing a retail hit-job here, but just a word of informed warning.  

Adorama is a great place for most things, ................ Hopefully, the situation has even improved recently- just be sure to check!

I was extremely concerned to read your post, and would firstly like to apologize if the service from Adorama has been lacking.

I appreciate you raising the issues you describe, and can confirm that yes, we do have boxes that are damaged, and we sell them at a discount rate, at our closeout section.

We keep the fresh paper in the fridge, and if it happens that a box is damaged, we discount it at the register.

I hope this helps, but please do contact me directly if I can assist with anything further.

« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 09:36:22 am by Helen Oster Adorama Camera »
Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
www.adorama.com

Helen Oster Adorama Camera

• http://www.adorama.com
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 09:34:08 am »

« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 09:36:59 am by Helen Oster Adorama Camera »
Sincerely

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com
www.adorama.com

KeithR

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 09:56:42 am »

As for their direct order paper from the internet, I cant say.  Perhaps it only gets man-handled in the 18th street store.  Hopefully, the situation has even improved recently- just be sure to check!
If its gotta be Adorama, go in person and ask to see the boxes before you get to the counter!

I recently ordered a couple of boxes of(inkjet)paper from Adorama and received them in distressed condition(the boxes the paper was originally packaged in). I complaind and they offered to replace them. I seriously considered it, but in the end, decided that because of the way these arrived, I didn't think any replacements would be any different. The shipping boxes I received were not damaged in shipment and the content looked useable, but it was obvious that the contents were either boxed for shipment that way or were packaged in such a way that their movement inside the shipping box contributed to the damage. The reference to manhandling seems to be the right description.
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

dwdmguy

• http://
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 08:56:23 pm »

They may not even carry RC paper anymore- the last time I went for paper was months ago, and they seemed to be running down their stock to its dregs.  As for their direct order paper from the internet, I cant say.  Perhaps it only gets man-handled in the 18th street store.  Hopefully, the situation has even improved recently- just be sure to check!

First of all, it is very hard to understand your story here, your not very clear with writing and communication via writing.
You had to "run" to get more? Were you not there to see the paper if this is the case? Completely lost on this?????
They may not even carry RC paper Anymore..... And you just decided to get on this forum and give them a keyboard lashing???? Something is fishy here. Yup. Fishy indeed.
I don't buy it one bit.

I've used Adorama for many, many years, all mail order, and have had not a single problem one single time. I've I've purchased silly small items to big ticket items. Never a single issue and always on par with B&H pricing.

Another person that replies to your post states that Adorama offered to accept the return and refund. And he "had to think about it"???? Could not have been that bad and completely usable. This is a bogus and indeed a retail "hit-job" no matter if by design or not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up