Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prince Edward Island, Canada  (Read 1432 times)

evergreenlight

Prince Edward Island, Canada
« on: June 21, 2009, 03:41:21 pm »

We will be spending a week on PEI in early August.  I would like some
recommendations for areas / locations for good landscape shots.
Appreciate comments from those who have been there and enjoy
the area.

Thanks,

Rob Olson

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Prince Edward Island, Canada
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 02:58:23 am »

Rob:  Depending on where you're coming from, PEI has a really strange sense of scale.  From Cavendish (north side of the island) to Charlottetown (south side of the island) is about 1/2 hour.  The entire island is: 5,683.56 km2 (2,194.43 sq mi) - by comparison, the field study I used to run in eastern Ontario was nearly eight times that size.  Personally I like the north shore and also the west arm.  You can drive around the entire west arm in two days.  Take a side trip to Lennox Island if you like and visit the gallery there.  It depends on what you're looking for.  Red dirt - everywhere.  City - basically Charlottetown, although there are some interesting older buildings there as well.  Anne of Green Gables house - north shore.  Great coastline - just about everywhere.  It's been a few years since I was last there (2002), and that was about a decade or so later than the previous visit.  In those ten years I noticed that a lot of the island seemed to have grown in quite a bit.  Less open farmland, more trees.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up