Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digilux 2 or Minolta A2... or Canon D300  (Read 2411 times)

nvanallens

• http://members.shaw.ca/northshoreimages/Home/home.html
Digilux 2 or Minolta A2... or Canon D300
« on: April 22, 2004, 06:46:59 pm »

I owned an A2 and sent it back, I was simply not pleased with the results - however, it did have a lot of great features, such IS, auto-switch from LCD to EVF, etc.  It also has quite a bit more zoom reach than the Leica.  I just felt, in the end, that the lens was the weakest point in that chain, and that's not a good place to have your big weakness.  I do own the Digilux 2 and can say that I am very pleased.  It is a joy to use, from an ergonomic perspective, and I find the images really snap out at the viewer.  I am shooting highest quality JPEG, because of the unfortunately long write time for RAW, but plan to start shooting RAW when my subjects are inactive.  I think to compare the 300D is difficult, as that is just so different, a DSLR with whatever lens you choose.  I have tried it, and found it frustrating in terms of the things you couldn't control just because they decided to cripple it.  A great sensor.  I also own a 1D, and therefore have the choice between the more pocketable and convenient Digilux, and the 1D when I'm in the mood to lug things around.  Good luck.

Didier from France

Digilux 2 or Minolta A2... or Canon D300
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 04:50:35 pm »

I havn't see a DXo (Do labs) test for the Digilux 2.
The DXo tests for Minolta A2 are impressive and the for the D300+17/40 L zoom is amaizing.

I undersatnd that the EWF of the Leica is poor, the A2 is better and I can deal with that (using additional ones).

I'm looking for quality, what advises or experiences could you share with me ?

Thanks,
Pages: [1]   Go Up