Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent or Non Recent Professional Works  (Read 249103 times)

feppe

• Oh this shows up in here!
    • Harri Jahkola Photography
Recent or Non Recent Professional Works
« Reply #100 on: June 09, 2009, 02:39:13 pm »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
Less talk.  More photos.

KAHA

• www.davidpoata.com
« Reply #101 on: June 09, 2009, 03:14:57 pm »

White on white, Perth Fashion Festival

Fabienne@chadwicks

Canon 1Ds MK II, f/16 @ 1/125th

Anthony R

« Reply #102 on: June 09, 2009, 03:47:54 pm »

Hair client

Rob C

« Reply #103 on: June 09, 2009, 04:19:26 pm »

Quote from: Ray
Slobadan,

If one isn't promoting one's own agenda, are you recommending one promotes another person's agenda, or are you recommending one should have no agenda at all?

Without agend there is only mindless confusion. It has taken me years to acqire an agend; for those years when I was without agenda I was lost, drifting in an ocean of this´n´thats, tossed on the swell from the passage of greater people who had agendas, agendas I could but guess and covet! Now, with agenda of my own I am complete and can create my own swell, swamping those lesser mortals who don´t even know they are without agenda. An agenda for everyone is what I have recently thought would make a very credible slogan. I am going to send this idea to the British Labour Party! Hey, I might even get a knighthood or an expense account out of it!

I will certainly be cheered in public, given time on national TV and, with luck, a seat at Wimbledon. All this, from a tiny agenda!

Rob C
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 02:17:10 pm by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #104 on: June 09, 2009, 04:43:15 pm »

Deleted
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 03:56:40 pm by Rob C »

michael

« Reply #105 on: June 09, 2009, 05:47:29 pm »

Comments should be about images, not personal in nature.

Language should similarly be moderate, for an open audience.

Everyone has been warned.

Michael

KeithR

« Reply #106 on: June 09, 2009, 06:29:10 pm »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
Less talk.  More photos.
+1   Please!
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

James R Russell

• http://www.russellrutherford.com/
« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2009, 03:59:36 am »

Four images of non commercial value, though 4 images I like a great deal.

This was shot in Moscow at the end of 2009 during an ad shoot, in between sessions.

The main subject is one of our models taking a break, the gentlemen in the background are unknown, though probably security, probably not FSB (KGB).  Across to the right of the park where we did most of the shooting was the FSB offices and though permitted the FSB attempted to stop us shooting, saying it was the FSB building and secuirty was at risk.  You get a lot of that in Moscow, and just like the two men in the background wherever you go there is always someone in black within earshot.

(Don't take this is a knock on Russia or Moscow and I really liked the Russians.  Tough culture, beautiful women, very direct and once you get past the perceived toughness, very warm and friendly.

Shot with Leica M-8, available light, 28mm lens, f whatever.

[attachment=14422:moscowsmoke.jpg]

The next image was also between sessions for the same ad shoot (the following day).  We rented an old Ukranian center and moved most of the furniture out, lit it with HMI's and slight fog machines for the ads.

The subjects were a group from a ballet school we "rented" and the little girls were great.  Even between sessions they just kept dancing, so in between session I just kept shooting.

Leica M8, available light, 28mm lens, f 2.8

[attachment=14423:moscowdance.jpg]

This next image, though different is also from last year, on a personal motion and still project about boxing.  The two young boxers are real, shot in studio with a contax, p21+, F11 and flash.

[attachment=14424:finalboxing.jpg]

This last image was shot a little over a year ago, on a lens test, a Hasselblad 110 F2 on a Contax P30, wide open, using window light.

Actually the original file got tosses as it was just a sharpness/focus test, but some some reason we had a screen shot of the image so I worked it in post.

[attachment=14425:lordofnewyork.jpg]

JR

Frank Doorhof

• http://
« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2009, 04:19:31 am »

Great shots Rob and Anthony.

Love the feel in those last ones Russel.

bart alexander

« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2009, 04:48:35 am »

Quote from: Rob C
Another Tennent´s Lager Calendar from the early ´80s:

Camera: Nikon F or F2

Lens: Nikkor 2.8/35mm

Film: Kodachrome 64 Pro

The pussy under the model´s right hand was not her own; it came with the territory. The shawl is Spanish and belonged to my maternal grandmother. The model is not my grandmother, though if she had been, it would have made for an interesting agenda. Sitting in the model´s lap and secured from danger by her other hand is a glass of said lager. In b/w and at this scale it is almost invisible. In colour, there is a bright red T logo on the glass.  I do  not approve of ladies drinking lager; I prefer they enjoy a negroni. Happily, as we were working in colour, both the client was satisfied as was I.

I love photography and I love women even more. They seem to know by instinct that which is important and that which can be usefully ignored.

Rob C

Funny, I often first look at a picture , then read what is was about.
First thought was the decolleté gave me a French feel (I like) and the athmosphere late 70's - early 80's , photography that's hardly been seen nowadays. And then I read it was shot in the South of France early 80's.
Very inspirational. Miss that feel in pictures of today. Well I guess you cannot stop progress....

Kind regards,
Bart

Rob C

« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2009, 06:13:59 am »

Thanks for the kind words, guys - I suppose that it´s true that everything has become much `tougher´ in terms of image style today. But then, I suppose that the way you shoot pics is nothing more than a reflection of how you´d like your ideal world to look.

Apart from the problems associated with the commercial aspect of such photography, there is the underlying fear that if you are anyone other than one of the superstars of photography, you have to balance a lot of factors you consider to be outwith the remit of art but still too important to ignore. One such is client awareness of what else is going down in the same genre. What could shock client A looks too mild to client B, and so it goes, and it´s difficult to guess what´s what sometimes.

It sounds silly, but I have experienced the situation where a client as been very pleased with a pic only to change his mind about it later because his wife didn´t think it was nice. You can´t fight that, not can you factor it in. Helmut Newton or somebody like that would have just walked out... I needed the work.

James - I think the atmosphere in the ballet class is beautiful; almost worth the men in black just for that.

Rob C

micek

« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2009, 05:39:58 pm »

[attachment=14436:Uncertainty.jpg]This is a couple of years old. Shot with a 1950s Rolleicord -the camera I take when I am on holiday- somewhere in southern France.

HarperPhotos

• http://www.harperphoto.com
« Reply #112 on: June 10, 2009, 06:34:25 pm »

Hello,

Taken back in 1991 at Bland Bay in Northland New Zealand at night using moon light.

Nikon FA using Velvia and exposed onto  Polaroid SX70 in the dark room.

Cheers

Simon
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 05:07:54 am by HarperPhotos »
Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand

semillerimages

• http://www.semillerimages.com
« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2009, 08:41:16 pm »

I coulda sworn it was the head on a beer closeup... very cool and very interesting!

Quote from: HarperPhotos
Hello,

Taken back in 1991 at Bland Bay in Northland New Zealand at night using moon light.

Cheers

Simon
semillerimages.com

HarperPhotos

• http://www.harperphoto.com
« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2009, 09:22:05 pm »

Gidday,

Actually I was holding a beer when I took the shot.

I was camping with friends in a paddock at the time.

Cheers

Simon
Simon Harper
Harper Photographics Ltd
http://www.harperphoto.com
http://www.facebook.com/harper.photographics

Auckland, New Zealand

jjj

• http://www.futtfuttfuttphotography.com
« Reply #115 on: June 10, 2009, 09:37:15 pm »

Doing some work in NY recently I decided to do a few final setups on way to airport [I had a 6pm flight]. Did some shots in Grand Central, in the Chrysler Building, returned some faulty goods with quite some difficulty and then ended up just off 34th St.
These are from the final location and were taken after I'd done the planned set up with some other dancers that I'd had in mind all week.
Yet this last minute unplanned add on shoot turned out to be my favourite of entire trip.

Tradition is the Backbone of the Spinele

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2009, 01:10:14 am »

Quote from: jjj
Doing some work in NY recently I decided to do a few final setups on way to airport [I had a 6pm flight]. Did some shots in Grand Central, in the Chrysler Building, returned some faulty goods with quite some difficulty and then ended up just off 34th St.
These are from the final location and were taken after I'd done the planned set up with some other dancers that I'd had in mind all week.
Yet this last minute unplanned add on shoot turned out to be my favourite of entire trip.

Love the first one - the swirl of her skirt and the way she's placed her leg makes it look like she's sitting on a giant ball in the middle of the fountain.  OTOH, maybe she is.

I trust she got extra pay for the second image!  When I was property manager for a resort in Ontario, if one of my workers fell off a roof (due to a lack of a safety harness), the fines started at around $250,000 and that's before any civil action...

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

KAHA

• www.davidpoata.com
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2009, 01:32:57 am »

Quote from: wolfnowl
Nicely done!

Mike.

Cheers!

KAHA

• www.davidpoata.com
« Reply #118 on: June 11, 2009, 01:36:32 am »

Quote from: HarperPhotos
Hello,

Cheers

Simon

I like the concept in this image, nice work : )

KAHA

• www.davidpoata.com
« Reply #119 on: June 11, 2009, 01:40:29 am »

Shot in my student days 2006 for 3rd year designer 'Emma' @ Swan Tafe, WA

Canon 1D, f/8 @ 1/160th

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 18   Go Up