Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ilford Galery Gold Fiber Silk HELP!  (Read 3355 times)

Stephen Lux

Ilford Galery Gold Fiber Silk HELP!
« on: May 28, 2009, 07:20:38 pm »

I am trying to print on Ilford Gallery Gold Fiber Silk paper. My printer: is a HP B9180. computer: is a 24" I Mac, OS10.4.11. using both CS3 and Lightroom2.3.
My prints using any of the HP paper and their canned profiles, that's all I've tried, are always a true match to my calibrated monitor. But when using exactly the same printing procedure, substituting the IGGFS 13 canned printer profile and the Gold fiber Silk paper the results appear consistently one half - one stop over exposed from the CS3 soft proof monitor image or the light-room image. This Paper is useless to me if the prints can't match my soft proof or monitor.

Does any one have this problem? If so, what might I do differently to correct it? ANY ADVICE WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED, Thanks, Steve.

Kenneth Sky

• http://
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 08:10:13 pm »

You might try the newer icc profiles with extra grey available at the Yahoo users site. But tell me, are you getting any scratching on 13"x19" paper? After initial good results, that's been my experience with this paper on my B9180.

Ronny Nilsen

• The Quiet Landscape
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 03:17:18 am »

Quote from: Stephen Lux
I am trying to print on Ilford Gallery Gold Fiber Silk paper. My printer: is a HP B9180. computer: is a 24" I Mac, OS10.4.11. using both CS3 and Lightroom2.3.
My prints using any of the HP paper and their canned profiles, that's all I've tried, are always a true match to my calibrated monitor. But when using exactly the same printing procedure, substituting the IGGFS 13 canned printer profile and the Gold fiber Silk paper the results appear consistently one half - one stop over exposed from the CS3 soft proof monitor image or the light-room image. This Paper is useless to me if the prints can't match my soft proof or monitor.

Does any one have this problem? If so, what might I do differently to correct it? ANY ADVICE WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED, Thanks, Steve.

I have a profile I have made myself for that paper her:

HP B9180

which give me ok results in my printer. I always let LR (or PS) mange color when I print, never the printer driver.

Ronny
Ronny A. Nilsen
www.ronnynilsen.com

tived

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 09:51:32 am »

I stopped using GFS after experiencing it looking more like a ice hockey ring after a game, and that was before the Samboni cleared the ice ;-)

using HP Z3100, Epson 4000. Its a lovely paper, but it scratches easier then i care for.

Henrik

Pete Berry

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 03:24:08 pm »

That's interesting, as I've had casually handled test prints lying about for months - color and mono - with only a couple of barely discernable mars in reflected light. My iPF5000 has been upgraded with the 5100 grayscale inks which supposedly have tougher binding than the old, and GFS has become my favorite PK paper.

Pete

Quote from: tived
I stopped using GFS after experiencing it looking more like a ice hockey ring after a game, and that was before the Samboni cleared the ice ;-)

using HP Z3100, Epson 4000. Its a lovely paper, but it scratches easier then i care for.

Henrik

tived

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 10:24:33 pm »

Pete,

i am happy for you that i works, i had hoped it worked for us but it just didn't, I had really high expectations, given the many good reviews it had

Henrik
Pages: [1]   Go Up