Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Export to YouTube  (Read 1716 times)

dkekesi

• http://www.kekesi.com
Export to YouTube
« on: June 01, 2009, 07:08:52 am »

Greetings!

I would like to export my slideshows to youtube (preferably with music). Is there a way to do it from Lightroom? Are there any 3rd party tools that integrate into LR? Did anyone do this? If so, what is the suggested method?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 07:11:57 am by dkekesi »
Best Regards,

MichaelAlanBielat

• http://www.MichaelAlanFineArt.com
Export to YouTube
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 09:15:51 am »

Quote from: dkekesi
Greetings!

I would like to export my slideshows to youtube (preferably with music). Is there a way to do it from Lightroom? Are there any 3rd party tools that integrate into LR? Did anyone do this? If so, what is the suggested method?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance.

My magic 8 Ball says "signs point to no" At this time all you can export the slideshow to is a PDF or JPEG. I have only made photo slideshows with my Mac but am positive that PC users also have tools out there to do so.

What I do is one of two things:
For all pictures, I import my finished images to IPhoto, make a slideshow, add music from iTunes and then export over to IDVD where I add a chapter menu and select the format. There are certain gotcha's in the settings that you need to check off or make available that aren't activated by default. Of course, I am on my PC machine now so I can't verify what they are. I do know it has to do with image quality and you will notice different results. Depending on the images, I would enable or disable the Ken Burns effect... From there you can burn it to a DVD and have a copy that way.

If you use iMovie then you can also add in video to your slideshow. Otherwise, add images to iMovie, set the duration, zoom in/out, fade effects and you will have much more control. With iMovie, they allow you to save the slideshow in various formats, for YouTube, IPod and so on... That will be crucial for you. From there, all you have to do is go into your YouTube account and upload the video it created.

I might prefer Vimeo for you if you are using copywritten music. I have uploaded a video or two where YouTube recognizes the music and disables the entire audio channel from your video if they feel there is a copywrite violation going on. Vimeo doesn't care.

Here is a family snapshot video that I did for my wife for her to watch when she went back to work. I used iMovie for this and uploaded it to Vimeo. Nothing stellar but better than family videos of the past you know? And yes that is a Jonas Brothers song... Don't ask.

Just pay attention to the fade in and out effects, the cut from video to photos, the audio mixing and the zooming in and out of images...

Pages: [1]   Go Up