Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems With Lightroom Library  (Read 1229 times)

ramd41

Problems With Lightroom Library
« on: May 30, 2009, 01:10:20 pm »

I'm currently still using 1.4. All of my folders are organized in one big folder per year with other folders within it. My 2009 folder was acting strange. And it was not corresponding with what I was seeing with my Mac Finder folders, which it usually does. I tried to get everything organized and on the same page but it's still acting strange.

A few things going on:
-A couple folders say they have zero photos in them even though when I click to locate the folder in the Finder I can see all the photos there.

-When I click on a folder it sometimes shows the contents of a folder a few folders down in the list.

-Each time I open up LR and click on a folder in my 2009 folder it highlights only that one for the rest of the time. I can click on another folder and it will show me the contents but the highlight doesn't move off that first folder.

-A big gray box is appearing where some of the folders should be. Sometimes I can click on it and it shows me the content of the folders even though I can't see the folder names - though it's acting slow at this point.

-But sometimes when I get to that gray box area the scroll bar on the left either freezes or disappears.

-When I try to click on a folder and say to synchronize it the bar at the top left gets half way through and then the box where I can click "synchronize" or "cancel" pops up but neither one works when I click on it. It blinks colors like it's accepting my click but nothing happens either way - cancel or synchronize.

-I've also tried optimizing my catalog which seems to help a bit but doesn't last.

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Also - I'm not very tech savvy so as simply as something can be explained the better.
Thank you!
Pages: [1]   Go Up