Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe CMM on Mac OSX  (Read 4136 times)

tho_mas

Adobe CMM on Mac OSX
« on: June 04, 2009, 08:45:24 am »

I want to integrate Adobe CMM on Mac OSX 10.5.7.

I previously used Adobe CMM on Windows. On Windows applications that do not provide a dedicated option to switch the CMM however can use Adobe CMM if "ADBE" is set as tag for the preferred CMM in the (target) icc profile.

Is it the same on Mac? So when I switch the preferred CMM in the icc profile (I'm switching it with Chromix "ColorThink" to "Adobe") will applications without switchable CMM adress Adobe CMM as engine then? Or is it just working when applications provide a dedicated option to switch the CMM on Mac?

And - if it works by changing the preferred CMM in the profile - does this apply to the monitor profile as well? So if I set my monitor profile to "Adobe", will applications without switchable CMM convert to the monitor profile via Adobe CMM?

Tried to get an answer in the Adobe Forums... but the Adobe CMM section seems to be dead.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 08:45:55 am by tho_mas »

32BT

• Pictures
Adobe CMM on Mac OSX
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 09:07:32 am »

On Mac OS, a custom CMM is used only if specifically requested and setup by an application. So the application needs to have a setting to select the cmm, or the documentation should clearly point out that the preferred CMM tag is obeyed, but ColorSync will always use the apple engine unless specifically instructed to do otherwise, regardless of the CMM tag in the profile.

Note that the preview app has a colorpreference where you can select the cmm, but it used to be inoperable, certainly not sticky, maybe not even applicable for all conversion possibilities in that app, in other words: clunky (read useless) implementation. This may have been improved in the latest version(s), although i highly doubt it...
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

tho_mas

Adobe CMM on Mac OSX
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 09:13:29 am »

Thanks a lot - very helpful!
Pages: [1]   Go Up