Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

Epson 7600 "diaper" frustations

(1/2) > >>

Dave Gurtcheff:
Hi all: I have used a 7600 for 4 or 5 years now. I love the printer...it makes beautiful 20"x30" and 24"x36" prints using Bill Atkinson's paper profiles. What I *HATE* is the really dumb cloth and bar "diaper" used to catch the prints. It is forever falling apart. If I cccidently bump it,  down it comes. We are retired and in a small 2 bedroom condo, where space is a premium, so the printer is backed against a wall, where I can't reach the diaper and bars from the rear. I need to get on my belly on the floor and go under it to try to re-attach it. I just this morning put it all back together again, as I had a 20"x30" print order. I used duct tape wrapped around all the connections to try to keep it together.
Anyone found a better solution?
Thanks in advance....    
Dave Gurtcheff
Beach Haven, NJ

Derry:
if you don't need to dissemble it why not super glue all the connections,, will certainly hold some tough items together,,

Derry

Dave Gurtcheff:

--- Quote from: Derry ---if you don't need to dissemble it why not super glue all the connections,, will certainly hold some tough items together,,

Derry
--- End quote ---
Thanks Derry: When it falls apart next time I may try it; however, I have never had much luck with Super Glue. The only thing I have succeeded in gluing with it is my own fingers. I have had some luck with 5 minute epoxy. So far, I haven't kicked the diaper, so the duct tape is still holding.
Thanks again      
Dave

Wayne Fox:

--- Quote from: Dave Gurtcheff ---Thanks Derry: When it falls apart next time I may try it; however, I have never had much luck with Super Glue. The only thing I have succeeded in gluing with it is my own fingers. I have had some luck with 5 minute epoxy. So far, I haven't kicked the diaper, so the duct tape is still holding.
Thanks again      
Dave
--- End quote ---

Yeah, super glue seems to be super only when on my fingers as well.  Epoxy should work.  Something less permanent that might still hold pretty well is a hot glue gun ..

Ryan Grayley:

--- Quote from: Dave Gurtcheff ---Thanks Derry: When it falls apart next time I may try it; however, I have never had much luck with Super Glue. The only thing I have succeeded in gluing with it is my own fingers. I have had some luck with 5 minute epoxy. So far, I haven't kicked the diaper, so the duct tape is still holding.
Thanks again      
Dave
--- End quote ---

I would stick with duct tape.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version