Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Qimage - Ink on Margin/Blank Areas  (Read 1624 times)

davewolfs

Help with Qimage - Ink on Margin/Blank Areas
« on: May 08, 2009, 09:09:19 am »

Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new to the world of printing so this is either normal or user error.  I've just run a few prints off using QImage for testing purposes using HP Everyday Satin.  I have gloss enhancer turned off and the paper has been properly profiled.  I've set QImage to handle color management and have disabled the printer handling color management via the driver menu.

My question is that within the defined margins of QImage there appears to be ink being laid as the paper has a different sheen, my question is if this is normal?  Since there is nothing being printed in the margin area shouldn't the paper in this area be completely neutral i.e. no ink being laid down?

I appreciate your help.

Dave

Guigui

• http://
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 09:39:25 am »

Quote from: davewolfs
Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new to the world of printing so this is either normal or user error.  I've just run a few prints off using QImage for testing purposes using HP Everyday Satin.  I have gloss enhancer turned off and the paper has been properly profiled.  I've set QImage to handle color management and have disabled the printer handling color management via the driver menu.

My question is that within the defined margins of QImage there appears to be ink being laid as the paper has a different sheen, my question is if this is normal?  Since there is nothing being printed in the margin area shouldn't the paper in this area be completely neutral i.e. no ink being laid down?

I appreciate your help.

Dave

I've heard it could happen when you set your rendering intent to absolute colorimetric. If that's the case, read this topic for more details.

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 10:14:46 am »

I don't think that has anything to do with Qimage.  It more likely has to do with your driver.  Do you suspect it is laying gloss optimizer in the margin area?
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer

davewolfs

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 03:35:28 pm »

Problem found, seems like my driver settings were overriding my default printer settings.  Work wonderful now.  What a great program.
Pages: [1]   Go Up