Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3100 - Ink Expiration Date on Box  (Read 1995 times)

wsolum

HP Z3100 - Ink Expiration Date on Box
« on: April 16, 2009, 06:16:24 pm »

Ran to my local camera store and picked up a Matte Black cart for my Z3100 b/c machine reported an error with it when it was at 8% capacity (unexpectedly, in other words).  I noticed on the box bottom that it had a date and manufacture location.  The date was August 2008.  Figuring that was date of manufacture I didn't think much of it.  But I checked the date on a cart I recevied today and it said August 2010 -- obviously NOT a manufacture date but expiration date.

What effect will this have since the carts "use by" date was August 2008?  Will it report an error well before it's empty or will the ink turn bad?  I don't print huge volumes -- I was replacing the 69ml tank and the machine was bought in October 2007.

Thanks,
wayne

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 03:49:33 am »

Quote from: wsolum
Ran to my local camera store and picked up a Matte Black cart for my Z3100 b/c machine reported an error with it when it was at 8% capacity (unexpectedly, in other words).  I noticed on the box bottom that it had a date and manufacture location.  The date was August 2008.  Figuring that was date of manufacture I didn't think much of it.  But I checked the date on a cart I recevied today and it said August 2010 -- obviously NOT a manufacture date but expiration date.

What effect will this have since the carts "use by" date was August 2008?  Will it report an error well before it's empty or will the ink turn bad?  I don't print huge volumes -- I was replacing the 69ml tank and the machine was bought in October 2007.

Thanks,
wayne

If you shaked it well I don't think you will notice a difference. The shop shouldn't have sold it to you and you should tell them.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

New: Dinkla Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop
http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html

wsolum

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 12:40:43 pm »

Quote from: Ernst Dinkla
If you shaked it well I don't think you will notice a difference. The shop shouldn't have sold it to you and you should tell them.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

New: Dinkla Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop
http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.html

I shook them well, and will call the shop to let them know about the problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up