Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Hasselblad 35-90 Zoom lens  (Read 2334 times)

hobbsr

New Hasselblad 35-90 Zoom lens
« on: April 17, 2009, 08:07:53 am »

Hi All,

I just wanted to share some first impressions as I was lucky enough to use the only copy of the new wonderful 35-90mm Hasselblad zoom. I used this for my Easter Sunday wedding here in Melbourne. Firstly let me start by saying how great the new AF is in this lens, it really does feel like you are using a 35mm system it is quick and very effective. I was shooting not in the best light late in the afternoon all handheld and pretty fast moving with the couple. The balance of the lens is also a great feature when you compare it to my other zoom the much larger and heavier 50-110mm. And of course optically this is stunning with great results. I think this really shows a step forward with the design and optical performance. Can't wait for my copy to show up this will be such an asset for my type of photography.

Also a quick note about the latest firmware as I even shot at 1600 and the results are very usable, which is great!!

Please see attached image which was shot iso400 at 35mm on the H3DII:

PLLove

New Hasselblad 35-90 Zoom lens
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 08:41:28 am »

Very nice!  I can't wait for Mamiya to release their new and improved "normal" zoom.  

Thanks for sharing!  

Pat
Pages: [1]   Go Up