Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Questions about printing on HP Pro Matte Canvas with Z3x00  (Read 918 times)

SergeyT

Questions about printing on HP Pro Matte Canvas with Z3x00
« on: April 11, 2009, 12:36:51 pm »

Greetings!

I have a few images to print onto HP Professional Matte Canvas from z3200. This is the first time I will be doing that and my goal to minimize the number of mistakes I can possibly make.
By reading through the previous discussions I have an understanding that the image resolution of 150 DPI would be sufficient.
What I have not found and not certain with is -  what driver setting should I apply prior to printing. Specifically in the Driver's "Custom Print Quality" Dialog. My goal is to get the best quality without an overkill.

After printing I will be applying a ClearShield Type C 30Degree Satin. I would like to have the final surface look close to HP Satin Photo Papers.
The initial softproof shows a lack of contrast on Matte Canvas (which is expected) but I read that the coatings should help with that.
The information I'm looking for is:
1. Given that the contrast of the final image should be increased after the ClearShield is applied how should I adjust my image before printing (during softproof)so I could get the final coated image on HP Pro Matte Canvas looking close to the output on HP Satin Photo paper? Should I try to make the dark areas look as dark as they are on the original image or make them bit lighter? By how much? Any other suggestions?
2. What dilution of the ClearShield Type C 30Degree Satin is recommended for spraying with a Spray Gun?
3. How many layers of coating is required to get the optimal results and the Satin type of finish?

Thanks you!
SergeyT.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 12:39:07 pm by SergeyT »
Pages: [1]   Go Up