Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

HPZ3100ps smeary gloppy ink blobs

(1/4) > >>

dandeliondigital:
Hi all,
Anyone have their HPZ3100 series start a print by smearing gloppy, seems to very very dark ink, could be black or is it?

This is the first time this happened in almost 2 years of operation.

Seem to recall there are pads or some such ink collecting thingeys that can cause a problem, but I can't find those threads.

Love to hear if you've had this and how you cleared it up.

Thanks in advance, and so long for now, TOM

walter.sk:
Get some paper coffee filters, distilled water and some plastic or rubber gloves to protect you from stains.  Pull each print head and you will see ink on the underside and sides.  This can be very easily blotted off with damp coffee filters.  Be careful with the electrical contact area...blot, don't rub.  Then look in the well into which the head goes, and gently blot it with the filter.

Be especially careful not to break off the "handles" on each print head.  They are much too fragile.

If this doesn't work for you, you may have to have the ink collecting tank changed.

dandeliondigital:
Hi walter.sk,
Your recommendation is very similar to what I remember reading on this forum what seems like long ago. Thanks for your kind posting of the details.

I will try this as soon as I can (probably Saturday). Thanks for the warnings. I tend to get too enthusiastic, and need to know I can damage these things.

When it comes to "have the ink collecting tank changed," can you tell me if that is user serviceable or do I have to call HP. Luckily I have an HP Care Pack for the machine.

Thanks, and so long for now, TOM

--- Quote from: walter.sk ---Get some paper coffee filters, distilled water and some plastic or rubber gloves to protect you from stains.  Pull each print head and you will see ink on the underside and sides.  This can be very easily blotted off with damp coffee filters.  Be careful with the electrical contact area...blot, don't rub.  Then look in the well into which the head goes, and gently blot it with the filter.

Be especially careful not to break off the "handles" on each print head.  They are much too fragile.

If this doesn't work for you, you may have to have the ink collecting tank changed.
--- End quote ---

tived:
Hi,

I had a similar problem just recently, a sheet of paper had a bend corner which touched the ink carrier and smeared ink onto the paper. I have also cleaned the heads and replaced heads that were due. but it still happened, so I printed a 50% gradient over almost half a meter of paper on the cheapest roll I have (poster paper) and it eventually disappeared. Its a pain in the butt, but you just got to do it.

Good luck

Henrik

PS: I wish that there was a way to clean under the ink carrier?

Ernst Dinkla:

--- Quote from: walter.sk ---Get some paper coffee filters, distilled water and some plastic or rubber gloves to protect you from stains.  Pull each print head and you will see ink on the underside and sides.  This can be very easily blotted off with damp coffee filters.  Be careful with the electrical contact area...blot, don't rub.  Then look in the well into which the head goes, and gently blot it with the filter.

--- End quote ---

Clean the head parking station parts too, the tray the heads are above when parked for example. It isn't an easy job but otherwise the same stuff transfers itself again on a clean head carriage.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version