Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon iPF 6100 or HP Z3200?  (Read 11065 times)

davewolfs

Canon iPF 6100 or HP Z3200?
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2009, 06:26:33 pm »

This deal has really caught my attention.  Between the Canon and HP does one excel over the other in terms of sheet loading or usability?  Is the Fan on HP a nuisance?  And how well can the HP deal with not being in constant use, I've read that the Canon works very well when it is not used for extended periods of time.

Quote from: Ernst Dinkla
This was on the digital B&W list:

For those interested in a large format printer (LFP), HP is offering a $1200 rebate with $300 worth of paper on their new Z3200 printer 24" or 44" model, I believe you get your choice of paper.  In the past there has been much discussion on this forum of HP's superior fade resistant inks.

The dealers in the Dallas area are retailing the printer for $3395 for the 24" model; so this puts the printer down to around $2200 not considering the free paper.  Considering the paper this puts the printer at about the price of the older Z3100 refurb.  HP is offering this deal until the end of April.  The rebate requires a trade in of a 24" or larger printer, plotter, or vinyl cutter; the dealer I'm buying mine from is going to use a refurbished printer they have in stock for the trade in since you don't actually have to trade it in, you just have to give them the serial number.  So if you have an older large format printer that you want to keep and convert to B&W only this is a great opportunity.  If you don't have a trade in I would call around to all of the dealers in your area as I did and tell them that if they want you to purchase the printer from them that they will have to help you find a trade in or provide it themselves as my dealer is doing; if they want your business they will probably help you out.  Even if you have to pay someone a hundred  dollars to use their serial number, they could keep the machine and would still be a great deal for you.

end of quote

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

New: Dinkla Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop
http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.htm

neil snape

• http://www.neilsnape.com
Canon iPF 6100 or HP Z3200?
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 01:41:46 am »

Quote from: davewolfs
This deal has really caught my attention.  Between the Canon and HP does one excel over the other in terms of sheet loading or usability?  Is the Fan on HP a nuisance?  And how well can the HP deal with not being in constant use, I've read that the Canon works very well when it is not used for extended periods of time.

The fan is quite loud in a small space. I turn my 3200 off between print jobs. For extended periods I power off the entire printer. It accepts this powering off just as the 3100 did with zero problems. I never had any problem with head clogs because of this. I so far have had the 3200 on idle or off most of the time , and no signs of any problems whatsoever. I always suggest using the built in Gigabit Ethernet, over USB as the communication is a little easier to maintain when idle on a network.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up