Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fixing a panorama  (Read 2092 times)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Fixing a panorama
« on: April 21, 2009, 06:10:48 pm »

Simple question, but one with a non-obvious answer, to me at any rate. I messed up this panorama, so I have a gaping void in the top left (it has a few other flaws as well, but if I can't fix this one, there's not much point in wasting time elsewhere). What's the best way of filling it (using Photoshop or any other tool that's suggested)?

Thanks in advance

Jeremy

[attachment=13170:taj.jpg]

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
Fixing a panorama
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 06:51:28 pm »

Quote from: kikashi
Simple question, but one with a non-obvious answer, to me at any rate. I messed up this panorama, so I have a gaping void in the top left (it has a few other flaws as well, but if I can't fix this one, there's not much point in wasting time elsewhere). What's the best way of filling it (using Photoshop or any other tool that's suggested)?

Thanks in advance

Jeremy

[attachment=13170:taj.jpg]

Use Photoshop - fill the gap, and then use patch tool to get rid of stains:
Marcin Kałuża | [URL=http://zarzadzaniebarwa

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Fixing a panorama
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 03:51:47 am »

Quote from: Czornyj
Use Photoshop - fill the gap, and then use patch tool to get rid of stains:
Thanks - can you help me a little more with the steps you took to get that result, please? I fiddle with PS when I have to, but I don't know how to do anything particularly clever.

Jeremy

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
Fixing a panorama
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 05:49:08 am »

Quote from: kikashi
Thanks - can you help me a little more with the steps you took to get that result, please? I fiddle with PS when I have to, but I don't know how to do anything particularly clever.

Jeremy

Select the part of the sky and copy it on a new layer

Transform it (Ctrl+T) to cover the black hole

Erase the edges with soft eraser (E)

Use the Patch Tool (J) to transplant the original sky texture on new surface, get rid of stains, and make transitions smooth.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Fixing a panorama
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 03:20:34 pm »

Use the Patch Tool (J) to transplant the original sky texture on new surface, get rid of stains, and make transitions smooth.
Thanks for your help. I understand until the last step, but all I'm succeeding in doing with the patch tool is creating a rather nasty mess. Could you be a bit more specific, please? Sorry to be dense.

Jeremy

Czornyj

• zarzadzaniebarwa.pl
Fixing a panorama
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 03:53:38 pm »

Turn the patch tool in "Source" mode. Select an area of the artificial surface - it can't be to close to the picture's border, or to the minaret. Then drag the selection and drop it on the original sky area - not too close to minaret or border, also. Repeat the operation many times, to cover the whole artificially created area with original texture of the sky.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Fixing a panorama
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 06:23:01 pm »

Turn the patch tool in "Source" mode. Select an area of the artificial surface - it can't be to close to the picture's border, or to the minaret. Then drag the selection and drop it on the original sky area - not too close to minaret or border, also. Repeat the operation many times, to cover the whole artificially created area with original texture of the sky.
Thanks again: I think I have it now. It's just like magic, isn't it?

Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up