Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: imageprint lite for 2400  (Read 1897 times)

a_krause

imageprint lite for 2400
« on: March 25, 2009, 03:03:28 pm »

has anyone tried imageprint lite for the espon 2400? According to the website the lite version does not include color correction. see here: http://www.colorbytesoftware.com/lite.htm

isnt color correction the main point for paying for a RIP? or am i misunderstanding something...

thanks!

David Good

imageprint lite for 2400
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 04:40:38 pm »

I use (prefer) ImagePrint Lite with my 2400 for printing grayscale images. If you are a photographer you should be correcting color or white balance in your editor or raw converter. I have no knowledge of prepress if there is is a need for it there.

David Good
Good Photoworks

K.C.

imageprint lite for 2400
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 08:12:40 pm »

I use it with a 2400 and feel is produces a better image. They also provide profiles that are very good.

Pandora

imageprint lite for 2400
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 07:03:06 am »

I have Imageprint Lite with my 2400. Among other things it gives you the advantage of very good profiles for just about every paper there is and I think this is part of what you are paying for.

Essentially, for colour images, I think you want the printing application to produce very neutral images. As has David Good suggests, I use my editor for making colour adjustments and then trust the printing application to reproduce the result as faithfully (neutrally) as possible.

For all the papers I use I now find Imageprint profiles and custom made icc profiles both produce remarkably similar results.  Both are excellent but there are some very minor differences.

To my eye these differences are.

1. Imageprint gives slightly better shadow detail.

2. In some instances Imageprint has a slightly more visible dither pattern and, with my setup, on rare occasions can exhibit some microbanding. Colorbite commented that this microbanding could be overcome by changing the media settings.

3. I think Imageprint is marginally more neutral than my Custom icc profiles. Or perhaps I should say that I prefer the Imageprint profile - to me Imageprint seems very slightly less yellow which I like but it is a very close call.  Generally I use Epson Exhibition Fibre and Ilford Gold Fibre Silk.

Having said all that I now rarely use Imageprint and find that Lightroom (version 2 onwards) produces images I am more than happy with.

I have not done any serious Black and White work so I can't comment on that field.

Hope this helps,

Peter

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
imageprint lite for 2400
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 10:31:47 am »

I have a 3800 and 7900 from Epson and was looking at Imageprint until I saw the cost. It has some value but the cost vs. benefit ratio just is not there. I use about 12 different papers and have profiles for 60 or more. All free and very good I might add. The Imageprint software for these 2 printers is around $2400.00.  If I stick with the dozen or so papers I now use I would pay $200 apiece for a slightly different profile if I purchased Imageprint? I print through Lightroom and am more then satisfied with the output. Pricepoint seems pretty far off. So what am I missing?

Dan Berg
Bergs Canvas Gallery
Pages: [1]   Go Up