Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eliminating dust problem on DSLR sensors  (Read 6126 times)

reissme

Eliminating dust problem on DSLR sensors
« on: November 18, 2005, 04:33:35 am »

I have an idea that can help eliminating the DUST problem on DSLR sensors.

It has to be made by a small camera interior change.

Since I own Canon 1DS mark II and 20D, I would like to suggest my solution to the Canon DSLRs developing team.

I will appreciate, if I can have a name and email of a person in Canon Company that can halp me contact the right Canon people to discuss it with them.

Thanks in advance.

Menachem Reiss

francois

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 07:16:28 am »

Since I own Canon 1DS mark II and 20D, I would like to suggest my solution to the Canon DSLRs developing team.

I will appreciate, if I can have a name and email of a person in Canon Company that can halp me contact the right Canon people to discuss it with them.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=51588\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I raise the following question: are they willing to address this issue? Or will they roll their solution into a new body design and use it as an argument to upgrade?

I have no connection with Canon, so I can't help you on this.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 10:44:24 am by francois »
Francois

LeifG

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 08:21:04 am »

Thanks in advance.

Menachem Reiss
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=51588\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You have to careful about patents etc e.g. get them to sign an NDA.

lester_wareham

• http://www.zen20934.zen.co.uk/
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 05:10:38 am »

You have to careful about patents etc e.g. get them to sign an NDA.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=51602\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Patents and NDAs are no protection if you are a straw man. Justice is only available to those that can aford it - sad but true.

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 01:16:16 am »

If your idea involves putting a pane of glass between the lens mount and the mirror chamber, be aware Canon has already tried that and abandoned the concept. It works great at eliminating sensor dust, until you accidentally break the glass while changing lenses, and then you have a camera full of glass shards which are far more image-degrading and likely to damage the mirror mechanism than the odd dust speck.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 01:16:46 am by Jonathan Wienke »

mikeseb

• http://www.michaelsebastian.com
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 08:59:55 am »

Patents and NDAs are no protection if you are a straw man. Justice is only available to those that can aford it - sad but true.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=51747\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Intending to start neither a fight nor a tangent, but--respectfully--may I ask WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

michael sebast

Slough

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 03:47:02 pm »

Intending to start neither a fight nor a tangent, but--respectfully--may I ask WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=51978\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

He means what he said, namely that that justice is only available to those who can afford to pay.

My experience of the legal system is that it was created to benefit lawyers (attorneys to those of you on the other side of the pond). Given that it was created by lawyers, that is clearly a great surprise.

If you want examples, look at Microsoft. They have a history of visiting  little companies with good ideas with a view to working together, then deciding not to collaborate, only to bring out the same sort of thing a few years later. Loads of companies and several governments are or have been pursuing Microsoft in the courts. Or look at Intel, and its attempts to destroy AMD using illegal tactics (and the subject of court action).

Leif
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 03:50:19 pm by Slough »

Slough

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 03:51:45 pm »

If your idea involves putting a pane of glass between the lens mount and the mirror chamber, be aware Canon has already tried that and abandoned the concept. It works great at eliminating sensor dust, until you accidentally break the glass while changing lenses, and then you have a camera full of glass shards which are far more image-degrading and likely to damage the mirror mechanism than the odd dust speck.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=51962\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

And you would have to put something in front of the pane of glass to keep it free of dust. Oh, and then something in front of that something ...

Leif

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2005, 12:02:29 pm »

And you would have to put something in front of the pane of glass to keep it free of dust. Oh, and then something in front of that something ...

Leif
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=52020\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, because dust on the glass between the mirror and lens mount would be extremely out-of-focus and only very large particles would have any visible effect, just like dust on the front element of the lens. If the breakage issue could be solved, it would be a very effective solution. But of course it would also prevent one from changing the viewfinder focus screen...

reissme

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2005, 03:22:41 pm »

Leif
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=52020\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for  the advice, but I want to remind you that I wanted also, just one name and mail in Canon, so that the right person there can hear my idea, please.

REISS                                                                          www.reiss.co.il

Tim Gray

• http://www.timgrayphotography.com
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2005, 03:44:12 pm »

Chuck Westfall is who I would recommend.  Here is his profile from Galbraith's forum.

But no matter who's email address you have, getting into a company like Canon "cold" is very difficult.

lester_wareham

• http://www.zen20934.zen.co.uk/
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2005, 08:48:18 am »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=51978\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The phrase "a straw man" is normally used in the patent field to indicate someone who, although may have a patent, can't aford to enforce it. In fact it applies to almost all areas of law unless you qualify for goverment aid.

Anyone who has had any experience of the court system knows it costs. If you are up against big companies they can aford to drag out the initial proceedings until you are bust. The only way you are going to get your 20 million damages is to see most of the value to someone who can aford to enforce it - that way you may see a small amount of that 20 million.
Pages: [1]   Go Up