Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad Firmware update  (Read 19404 times)

nikf

Hasselblad Firmware update
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2009, 10:18:36 am »

Quote from: perbernal
Here´s an image of my set-up that is relatively inexpensive and easy to roll around on a flat surface.

Would you reveal what kind of stand this is? Looks very interesting ... it seems to have a standard VESA mount too ...

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2009, 04:40:39 pm »

I've noticed a huge improvement in the time it takes for the image to process onto phocus and the time it takes for a sharp image to appear as you browse from one image to another. The time it takes to export a file is also dramatically cut. It was really painfully slow previously, even though I have a decent specced mac pro. So I'm a happy boy. And as I said in another post I was unable to shoot exposures longer than about 7 seconds on previous versions of phocus(not a problem with flexcolour). After 7 the camera would time out even without releasing the cable release. After this I would get really strong magenta streaking. All that has been resolved and I can even shoot longer than 32 seconds - over 40 in fact.    

Quote from: jecxz
I'm thinking some of us are referring to the speed bump as faster processing and others take it to mean the 64-second bump in exposure time.  

pprachun

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2009, 08:55:00 am »

Hello All:
Have just upgraded my H3D-II 39 to Phocus 1.02 (Windows Vista64) and was successful in upgrading the BODY firmware to v2.1.0.  However, now I am UNable to successfully connect the camera with the new Phocus for either tethered shooting or being able to upgrade the BACK firmware from R245 to the newer R248.
When I attempt to connect the camera to Phocus, there seems to be a momentary connection established where the "Capture" icon appears functional, but then trying to do anything -- like even a mouse click -- puts the program into "Program Not Responding" mode.

The camera itself functions without problem.
Have already wasted an hour or so on this -- anyone have any ideas or similar problems?
Paul Prachun

David Grover / Capture One

• Capture One
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2009, 09:10:09 am »

Quote from: pprachun
Hello All:
Have just upgraded my H3D-II 39 to Phocus 1.02 (Windows Vista64) and was successful in upgrading the BODY firmware to v2.1.0.  However, now I am UNable to successfully connect the camera with the new Phocus for either tethered shooting or being able to upgrade the BACK firmware from R245 to the newer R248.
When I attempt to connect the camera to Phocus, there seems to be a momentary connection established where the "Capture" icon appears functional, but then trying to do anything -- like even a mouse click -- puts the program into "Program Not Responding" mode.

The camera itself functions without problem.
Have already wasted an hour or so on this -- anyone have any ideas or similar problems?

I've sent you a PM paul with a solution.

David

David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager

Nick-T

« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2009, 03:42:59 pm »

Quote from: Hass
new firmware applies to the H3D39 as well but not  Increase to ISO 800.
its for H3dII onely at right now

Thought I'd bump this thread as Hasselblad have extended support for the ISO bump (And didn't make you pay to upgrade to a "plus" model
This from Hasselblad:

With new advances of the noise reduction facilities in our camera firmware and Phocus software, we are proud to release extended ISO capabilities on the following products:

- ISO 800 on H2D-39, H3D-39, H3DII-39, CFH-39, CF-39, CFII-39
- ISO 1600 on H3D-31, H3DII-31

For our H3DII-50 camera the extra ISO step, as well as other new features is expected to be released within the coming month.
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2009, 06:03:39 pm »

I have upgraded the firmware in my CF39 this afternoon and am very happy with the option to go to ISO800.

Thank you Hasselblad!

BobDavid

« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2009, 06:06:00 pm »

Is the firmware for the CF 39MS too?

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2009, 07:10:43 pm »

I think it is but since I still use Flexcolor mainly for my MS and I hate that pesky firmware notification every time I swap a lens I have decided to leave the R245 firmware in my MS for the time being.

hobbsr

« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2009, 10:27:55 pm »

Hi All,

Just upgraded my H3D31 and very impressed with the first test shots at 1600 iso. Good job Hasselblad!

Rodney
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 10:28:15 pm by hobbsr »

paulhu

« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2009, 09:43:06 am »

Just upgraded the R249 firmware on my H3D-31.  Very impressed with the ISO 1600 images.  Visually, I could not see any noise level increase on images shot with ISO 1600.  Thanks Hasseblad.

choen

« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2009, 02:17:56 am »

I was promised an upgrade path and iso and long exposure upgrade when I purchased the h3d-22 over a year ago.( ...'most cost effective way to get a foot into the digital Hasselblad system, use for a while then trade in for a higher resolution model bla bla')

Now it seems that such a promise has either been forgotten- it's like it's never even been made at all. It's a betrayal, Hasselblad. Boo.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2009, 02:51:48 am »

Well, you finally got the ISO upgrade. We are still pressing Hasselblad to cough up the exposure upgrade which I am sure will also come in the near future.

The upgrade promise is an entirely different matter. Over here the consumer law specifically states a sale can be annulled when conditions not mentioned during sale would have been a valid reason not to buy the article. Having bought the equipment with the promise you could upgrade it at a later stage definitely qualifies as one of those reasons, IMO. The consumer law throughout Europe does vary in this aspect (I don't know anything about the situation outside the EU). Point of this is that you should talk to Hasselblad or a dealer about this when you want to upgrade.

I do believe abandoning the upgrade system was a wise move that opens up the MFDB market for a larger audience but this doesn't mean promises from the past can or should be put aside. You should at least give talk to your (or a) dealer and Hasselblad about it. It would be interesting to know what their response will be.  

For your information. I have upgraded my old back after the upgrade program was abandoned. True, I already made the commitment to upgrade before the announcement. It does show however people at Hasselblad do know that they have made a promise and are willing to at least try to fulfill that promise.

Now, if I can get the 64sec's........
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 04:07:43 am by Dustbak »

• Capture One
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2009, 03:26:29 am »

Quote from: choen
I was promised an upgrade path and iso and long exposure upgrade when I purchased the h3d-22 over a year ago.( ...'most cost effective way to get a foot into the digital Hasselblad system, use for a while then trade in for a higher resolution model bla bla')

Now it seems that such a promise has either been forgotten- it's like it's never even been made at all. It's a betrayal, Hasselblad. Boo.

Hi Choen,

It is also important to note that the prices across the whole system were dropped significantly to cater exactly for someone in your position.

The cost to upgrade for example from your H3D22 to and H3D31 was approx €11,000.  This is a price from April 2008, so under a year ago.

The price for a NEW H3D31 is approx €12,000 (depending where you live, taxes, etc).  This is also with an 80mm lens PLUS you are keeping your old system.

So we are asking you to pay €1000 more and keep your existing camera.  I think it would be pretty easy to get €1000 for your H3D22 or keep it as a back up.

The same maths applies for a H3D22 to H3D39 except the cost difference is about €2000.

Best,

David
David Grover

Professional

« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2009, 08:35:13 am »

The salesman i bought my H3DII-39 from told me that i can return my H3D anytime and pay little more the difference and get 50mp, same if there will be new H3D i can always return back my H3D 39 and get the new one with the difference price only and keep my lenses.

choen

« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2009, 12:23:42 pm »

Hi David,

I am based in South East Asia, perhaps the sweatshop of photography. We need to work several times more just to recoup our investments here.

Also, and rather unfortunately, at the time I was buying the system, what my salesman told me was that I could return my camera much later and pay the difference for the 39mp, which was what I was aiming for but just could not stump out the full sum (the only place I could take a loan from was from the stockist's prefered lease agent and their terms were very one sided unfair so I opted to put down cash instead- very painful experience mind you). To be fair I was made aware that a new generation was going to replace the 22mp model soon- but the story told to me about easy upgrades sounded really good. But too good to be true?

A little over a year later, the company I bought the camera from said no deal, Hasselblad changed their terms, and so must they. Ouch. Then to find the 22mp model getting discontinued in the next generation, have little upgrades that every other model have, only served to infuriate me further. I am not going to throw in my savings and my future generation's to buy another DMF camera. I don't need two digital backs- my 35mm systems take care of the other work.

What isnt helping too is the 22mp unit I bought seem to be a bit of a sick note. This month it's being sent back to Denmark for the fourth or fifth time (alas I lost count) for electronic repairs.

How long more will Hasselblad support my purchase? I don't even see any feature upgrades at all that's being made for the other models.

Maybe I was just being unfair to be booing Hasselblad in my previous post. Just feeling anxious about the economy.
Sorry, to have gone out of topic- this thread is supposed to be about firmware upgrade.

Adios

• Capture One
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2009, 12:44:34 pm »

Quote from: choen
Hi David,

I am based in South East Asia, perhaps the sweatshop of photography. We need to work several times more just to recoup our investments here.

Also, and rather unfortunately, at the time I was buying the system, what my salesman told me was that I could return my camera much later and pay the difference for the 39mp, which was what I was aiming for but just could not stump out the full sum (the only place I could take a loan from was from the stockist's prefered lease agent and their terms were very one sided unfair so I opted to put down cash instead- very painful experience mind you). To be fair I was made aware that a new generation was going to replace the 22mp model soon- but the story told to me about easy upgrades sounded really good. But too good to be true?

A little over a year later, the company I bought the camera from said no deal, Hasselblad changed their terms, and so must they. Ouch. Then to find the 22mp model getting discontinued in the next generation, have little upgrades that every other model have, only served to infuriate me further. I am not going to throw in my savings and my future generation's to buy another DMF camera. I don't need two digital backs- my 35mm systems take care of the other work.

What isnt helping too is the 22mp unit I bought seem to be a bit of a sick note. This month it's being sent back to Denmark for the fourth or fifth time (alas I lost count) for electronic repairs.

How long more will Hasselblad support my purchase? I don't even see any feature upgrades at all that's being made for the other models.

Maybe I was just being unfair to be booing Hasselblad in my previous post. Just feeling anxious about the economy.
Sorry, to have gone out of topic- this thread is supposed to be about firmware upgrade.

Adios

Hi Choen,

Well it sounds like your salesman was being a bit unfair to you, and I am very sorry to hear that.  We have ran many campaigns where there were upgrade paths from smaller>larger sensors but normally only for very limited times if something new was on the horizon, like the 50MP to 60MP plan.  So the prices I gave you earlier were the official line, and we were always very clear to the dealers about the terms and how long campaigns run for.  So when the upgrade plan was dropped we made sure the financial hit to the user was extremely close to how it was before, not forgetting you kept your old system, whereas before you returned it.

Considering we still support the ixpress line of digital backs for repairs, spares and also support in Phocus, I don't think you should be concerned with future support by us.  

Features we have added to the H3D22 include things like...

- New, more accurate battery level information
- Mirror delay to help in longer hand held exposures
- Double click entry into the menu system and scroll wheel control
- Instant access to ISO/WB control instead of having to go through to the "digital" menu on the H camera
- Changes to interval timer, bracketing feature
- Added support for the HTS, HCD35-90 and forthcoming DC power grip
- Much more!

In fact the only thing that has been missed on the 22MP is the extra ISO step.

Plus all these updates can be made by you locally via Phocus, no need to return to the factory or dealer.

Best

David.
David Grover

Henry Goh

« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2009, 12:47:34 pm »

Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad
Hi Choen,

It is also important to note that the prices across the whole system were dropped significantly to cater exactly for someone in your position.

The cost to upgrade for example from your H3D22 to and H3D31 was approx €11,000.  This is a price from April 2008, so under a year ago.

The price for a NEW H3D31 is approx €12,000 (depending where you live, taxes, etc).  This is also with an 80mm lens PLUS you are keeping your old system.

So we are asking you to pay €1000 more and keep your existing camera.  I think it would be pretty easy to get €1000 for your H3D22 or keep it as a back up.

The same maths applies for a H3D22 to H3D39 except the cost difference is about €2000.

Best,

David

Hello David.

I don't think this is the practice in all markets.  Where I am, I find your distributor does not keep to what is being announced in Europe/USA.  Whenever I receive a newsletter from Hasselblad, I would make some checks only to find I will not get the same deal.  I remember last year end you had a promotion and buyer would enjoy 30% off lens purchase.  When I enquired, I was told it was 20% here.  I dropped my intended purchase of a H3DII31 despite still owning 3 mechanical Hasselblads since 1973 or so.  Not very nice for customer loyalty.

• Capture One
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2009, 12:54:47 pm »

Quote from: Henry Goh
Hello David.

I don't think this is the practice in all markets.  Where I am, I find your distributor does not keep to what is being announced in Europe/USA.  Whenever I receive a newsletter from Hasselblad, I would make some checks only to find I will not get the same deal.  I remember last year end you had a promotion and buyer would enjoy 30% off lens purchase.  When I enquired, I was told it was 20% here.  I dropped my intended purchase of a H3DII31 despite still owning 3 mechanical Hasselblads since 1973 or so.  Not very nice for customer loyalty.

Due to currency fluctuations and import taxes the amount of discount can of course vary.

All I can say is that 20% is still 20% and I hope you consider us again in the future.

David
David Grover

Henry Goh

« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2009, 01:07:19 pm »

Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad
Due to currency fluctuations and import taxes the amount of discount can of course vary.

All I can say is that 20% is still 20% and I hope you consider us again in the future.

David

I understand about currencies and their differences.  I still remember Akio Morita complaining about how he worked so hard to get cost down 3% only to be wiped out by a fluctuation in exchange rates of 15%.  Local distributor is not following your US or European prices in the first place so they have already factored in the exchange rates and shipping costs.  What peeved me was since those factors have already be accounted for, why the difference in discount rate if that was a promotion offered acros markets in Europe and USA? Either pure greed thinking buyers here are in the dark or just plain silly marketing decisions by them.  Sad either way.

On the other hand when Leaf had a promotion in USA and the local distributor did not have access to the deal (since it was by MAC), I was heard yaya told the local guy that I could have the same deal as the US if I wanted to go with Leaf.  Brilliant use of info from this forum.

BTW it was you who helped me decide to go with the H3DII31 last year through your tireless answering of my queries.  I'm still grateful for that.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 01:11:11 pm by Henry Goh »

• Capture One
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2009, 02:08:25 pm »

Quote from: Henry Goh
BTW it was you who helped me decide to go with the H3DII31 last year through your tireless answering of my queries.  I'm still grateful for that.

Thanks Henry.  Its nice to have feedback like that.

David
David Grover
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up