Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your project determination style  (Read 19055 times)

mike.online

• http://mikedotonline.blogspot.com
Your project determination style
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 10:29:23 pm »

Quote from: alainbriot
I agree.  Personally, my landscape photographs are not only photographs of places. They are also photographs of emotional experiences of the landscape.  A large part of bringing this emotional aspect takes place during conversion/processing/optimization.  I know of no other way of doing it.

I will often use framing and the object in the scene to help. the basic emotion of the scene is crafted by the people and places and that appearent. Further, somtimes the caption of a photograph can trun an otherwise uninteresting photograph into a emotionally connected and creates a specific response.

examples:
- Mike
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 10:35:39 pm by mike.online »

EasyEd

Your project determination style
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2009, 10:35:20 pm »

Hey All,

So I'm looking around on the net today and I find this. Kinda "bummed" me but not totally.... (see below)

http://welcomebooks.com/americanfarmer/Ame...rmerRelease.pdf

Probably old news to most of you.

Something along these lines is a project I've had in mind for a long time. I come from farming and ranching roots in Montana. It's a lifestyle and a way of living and most important of all - an ethic - towards people and land and to yourself - that is - your fundamental "way of being" in the world.  I will buy this book to see if the photographer and writer actually "nailed it" or not - if not I plan to try - if so I'll try anyway. This fundamental concept explains my interest in HDR for machinery as well as landscape photography - the people part I need to work on - however it's the connection between land, machine or animal and human that in my opinion matters and that I hope to capture - in equal parts. My sense so far is that this project focused on people and may miss their connection with the land and landscape which gives them sustenance (in more ways than one). I may be wrong here and if I am I'll say so and apologise - I'll know when I buy and read the book.

However finding this book prompted me to post here as I believe the answer to the original poster's "issue" is simple - you only have one life - the duration of which is indeterminate - you know what you care about - don't tell me you don't - because if you don't your already dead - your body just doesn't know it. So pick up your camera - go after what you care about (or some piece of it) - what ever it is and get to work. One day in my camera life (as opposed to work life - I'm lucky my job contributes to this) I plan to.

-Ed-
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up