Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New LL Contest  (Read 6697 times)

Tklimek

New LL Contest
« on: February 10, 2009, 11:31:32 am »

Michael/Chris....

Please do take this tongue-in-cheek (I am after all a Michael/LL fanboy!), but does have a grain of truth in it.....

This is (I believe), now the second contest in a row where no new videos/tutorials have been available for purchase...thereby excluding those who have purchased everything to date that is available to download!  ;-)

I guess this is a subtle *reminder* to get some new stuff out there for us to purchase!  LOL....I know you have all been EXTREMELY busy and I've already pestered Chris in another post....but just so you know...many of us anxiously await new downloads.

On a similar topic, I guess I'm another individual who *might* purchase some of the older material if it were available for download; I guess I'm not the type to wait for a cd/dvd to come in the mail (yes...that is my own choice/undoing).

Thanks guys....and keep up the great work!

Cheers .....

Todd in Chicago

P.S.  I would LOVE to be able to win that instruction with Michael....so who knows....maybe LLVJ 18 will be out before the contest expires and I could get an entry!

Tklimek

New LL Contest
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 11:35:00 am »

I'm fairly confident that some new material will be available by the contest end date....but just thought I would mention it!  LOL....

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

DarkPenguin

New LL Contest
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 12:16:50 pm »

michael

New LL Contest
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 12:22:21 pm »

When you're right, you're right.

Chris is now chained in the dungeon until a new video is forthcoming. No food, just water, and the lash twice a day for good measure.

Michael

DarkPenguin

New LL Contest
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 12:30:25 pm »

Quote from: michael

Chris is now chained in the dungeon until a new video is forthcoming. No food, just water, and the lash twice a day for good measure.

Michael

In this economy that sounds pretty good.

francois

New LL Contest
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 12:31:49 pm »

Michael
I even got a spy shot of the scene...

Francois

Tklimek

New LL Contest
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 01:39:52 pm »

Glad everyone here took this in the "right" light and is having fun.  And although Michael allows people to simply "sign up" to be in the raffle (legal reasons), I fully support this site and will not do that.  And, I actually really DO enjoy the all of the videos that I've downloaded; and as I've mentioned I've got all the tutorials (even though I don't own Photoshop I still purchased the ACR video and thought it was well worth my time and $$) and all of the LLVJ's available for download.  I've found watching Michael and friends tromp around the world taking photos to be both entertaining and insightful.  To see how others work and how others "see", I think, is incredibly useful.  Anyway...enough brownnosing.....suffice it to say I'm looking forward to the next videos.

Cheers....

Todd in Chicago

Quote from: DarkPenguin
http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....st&p=255444

frugal

• http://www.andrewdaceyphotography.com/
New LL Contest
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 05:36:31 pm »

I'm in the same no new content to download boat but was wondering if I'm reading the terms of the contest correctly, it says that all purchases made since the last contest are eligible, does that mean that those made in January are going to be eligible since the winter depression contest ended in December?

michael

New LL Contest
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 05:43:57 pm »

Yes that's correct. No photographer left behind.  

Michael

frugal

• http://www.andrewdaceyphotography.com/
New LL Contest
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 05:51:51 pm »

Yes that's correct. No photographer left behind.  

Michael

This is great news for me because although I'm out of new stuff to download, I did make some purchases during the sale in January.

djoy

New LL Contest
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 07:53:32 am »

Having seen the competition and gone straight to the store, only to find what I already had, I also am in this boat, however this is not just a "me too" post.

It occurs to me that if the next released video is an LLVJ, then I would be purchasing it with the last credit towards the same from my converted subscription. Would this count as entry?

I'm not looking for a free or easy entry into the competition, I would gladly buy new videos and ideally I would like to have a nice new video or three to watch, but I realise these things aren't created overnight. Here's hoping for a couple of options.

Also, by way of feedback, having watched a few LLVJ dvds again recently, I was reminded how much I enjoyed them, and how much I missed not having them drop through my letterbox regularly. This is not intended to put more pressure on Chris, but it struck me that there is still nothing else like LLVJ in the marketplace, no real TV programmes on photography to speak of ( at least not here ), and still therefore a golden opportunity worth exploiting ( surely? ).

I still count the LLVJ as possibly the finest legacy of this site, and would love to see it restored to it's former prominence.

Tklimek

New LL Contest
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 10:43:35 am »

Yes....I do agree with this.  I've found myself going back and settling in with a nice glass of wine and enjoying one or two of the many LLVJ's I have on my system.  There really nothing quite like that out there.

Cheers...

Todd in Chicago

P.S.  Oh yeah....no pressure Chris....don't worry about it..... LOL!

Quote from: djoy
Having seen the competition and gone straight to the store, only to find what I already had, I also am in this boat, however this is not just a "me too" post.

It occurs to me that if the next released video is an LLVJ, then I would be purchasing it with the last credit towards the same from my converted subscription. Would this count as entry?

I'm not looking for a free or easy entry into the competition, I would gladly buy new videos and ideally I would like to have a nice new video or three to watch, but I realise these things aren't created overnight. Here's hoping for a couple of options.

Also, by way of feedback, having watched a few LLVJ dvds again recently, I was reminded how much I enjoyed them, and how much I missed not having them drop through my letterbox regularly. This is not intended to put more pressure on Chris, but it struck me that there is still nothing else like LLVJ in the marketplace, no real TV programmes on photography to speak of ( at least not here ), and still therefore a golden opportunity worth exploiting ( surely? ).

I still count the LLVJ as possibly the finest legacy of this site, and would love to see it restored to it's former prominence.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
New LL Contest
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 03:18:07 pm »

Quote from: Tklimek
P.S.  Oh yeah....no pressure Chris....don't worry about it..... LOL!
Right! So is it ready yet, Chris?

How about now?

Ready yet?

No pressure at all, Chris, but is it getting close?

(pant, pant, pant!)

-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

alain

New LL Contest
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2009, 03:44:03 am »

Hi

I'm wondering why there are no older llvj's put online?

It seems to me that this is rather easy to do and probably a lot less time intensive as creating a new one.  I could even imagine that it's only running a conversion program from the master version, which could be extremely computer intensive.

Alain

Marlyn

New LL Contest
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 05:23:37 am »

Michael

Hopefully a different Dungeon to the one where you keep all your nice wine !.

alain

New LL Contest
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 04:37:56 pm »

Quote from: Marlyn
Hopefully a different Dungeon to the one where you keep all your nice wine !.

Could give some interesting video, but it could be expensive for Michael.

Christopher Sanderson

• photopxl.com
New LL Contest
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 05:19:20 pm »

pop!  

glug glug glug  

ooooh  

what work?    

Tklimek

New LL Contest
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2009, 11:41:05 pm »

Hopefully Michael doesn't keep his good stuff where Chris can get at it!  Unless.....hmmmm.....maybe we can get Chris some good wine if he finishes #18!!!  ???    

Cheers....

Todd in Chicago!

Quote from: Chrissand
pop!  

glug glug glug  

ooooh  

what work?  
Pages: [1]   Go Up