Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ALPA lens focal length comparisons  (Read 2828 times)

arc-technika

ALPA lens focal length comparisons
« on: January 30, 2009, 06:07:19 pm »

Hey guys,

I'm looking into a longer focal length lens for use on a 12 SWA and Max. I tend to shoot with the widest lens possible for my personal work, but I would like to get a longer lens for my architectural work. Would anyone have lens comparisons from 47mm - 120mms?

Thank you,

Andrew

Dave Carter

• http://
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 07:00:08 pm »

What do you mean by comparison?  Field/angle of view?  Or ----
If it is angle of view, I have a photo that I could probably email you.  It has a white outline for their full range of lenses showing the view from 24mm up.
Dave

arc-technika

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 07:08:25 pm »

Hi Dave, sorry about that, I meant field of view for each lens. I would love to see your photo, I haven't had the opportunity to test the longer focal length lenses out.

My email address is: ahara@arc-technika.com

Thank you!

Andrew

Quote from: Dave_C
What do you mean by comparison?  Field/angle of view?  Or ----
If it is angle of view, I have a photo that I could probably email you.  It has a white outline for their full range of lenses showing the view from 24mm up.
Dave

Dave Carter

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 09:29:20 am »

Picture is on the way.
I had to compress it from 76MB to about 2.4MB for email, so I don't know how good it will be.
Let me know if you need better.  I was thinking I could send 1/2 of it and you would probably still get all the info necessary.

Dave

arc-technika

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 05:19:38 pm »

The image was exactly what I was looking for, thank you for emailing it to me!

Andrew

Picture is on the way.
I had to compress it from 76MB to about 2.4MB for email, so I don't know how good it will be.
Let me know if you need better.  I was thinking I could send 1/2 of it and you would probably still get all the info necessary.

Dave

Jim Stone

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 09:25:05 pm »

Picture is on the way.

Dave
Dave,

I just ran across Andrew's thread and am also interested in your picture and any others with longer lenses.   I use my Alpas with the 24, 35, 47 and 72 and always wondered what images with longer lenses would look like.   If it isn't too much trouble, I would certainly enjoy seeing your example.

jcs5594@yahoo.com  

Thanks,

Jim

Dave Carter

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 03:26:19 pm »

Jim,
The print I sent was not made with a long lens.  It was made with their 24mm one.  I then laid out on the picture the window size you would get with each lens through 210mm if you stood in the same spot.  It has not a representation of the quality you would get - just the field of view.

If you still want the picture, email me and I will reply with it attached.

Dave

Jim Stone

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 08:17:18 pm »

Jim,
The print I sent was not made with a long lens.  It was made with their 24mm one.  I then laid out on the picture the window size you would get with each lens through 210mm if you stood in the same spot.  It has not a representation of the quality you would get - just the field of view.

If you still want the picture, email me and I will reply with it attached.

Dave
Dave,

Sorry I misunderstood, but when you have an opportunity I would still appreciated seeing the image.

Many thanks,

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up