Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adding Image Text  (Read 1861 times)

camhabib

• http://
Adding Image Text
« on: February 17, 2009, 05:45:16 pm »

I am currently producing a number of prints for show / distribution. The planned size is around 17x22 with 0.75" all around boarder. Normally, I would just affix a label to the back, indicating all necessary information (name, date, picture ID, etc). I thought, instead of this, I would print all of this information in extremely fine print (such as microtext found on checks, etc), on the front of the image, at the very bottom of the page, in the boarder. What is the best way to go about doing this?

Tools I have as my disposal are CS4 Mater Collection, Genuine Fractals, and Qimage Pro. I tried to do this inside of Qimage, but couldn't find a way to. I don't know if this is perhaps something available in the Studio version that isn't in the Pro version, but I would be willing to upgrade as I love the ease and results of Qimage. I understand I could possibly add a boarder inside photoshop, resize the image with Fractals (resizing in Qimage after adding text would cause it to become too large), and then add the text in there, followed by printing in Qimage, but it seems like a lot of work for such a simple thing. Can the results be expected to be comparable to Qimage? I don't want to sacrifice IQ just to add some text.

Any opinions or suggestions on how you might go about doing this would be greatly appreciated.

KeithR

Adding Image Text
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 08:51:36 pm »

Quote from: camhabib
I am currently producing a number of prints for show / distribution. The planned size is around 17x22 with 0.75" all around boarder. Normally, I would just affix a label to the back, indicating all necessary information (name, date, picture ID, etc). I thought, instead of this, I would print all of this information in extremely fine print (such as microtext found on checks, etc), on the front of the image, at the very bottom of the page, in the boarder. What is the best way to go about doing this?

Tools I have as my disposal are CS4 Mater Collection, Genuine Fractals, and Qimage Pro. I tried to do this inside of Qimage, but couldn't find a way to. I don't know if this is perhaps something available in the Studio version that isn't in the Pro version, but I would be willing to upgrade as I love the ease and results of Qimage. I understand I could possibly add a boarder inside photoshop, resize the image with Fractals (resizing in Qimage after adding text would cause it to become too large), and then add the text in there, followed by printing in Qimage, but it seems like a lot of work for such a simple thing. Can the results be expected to be comparable to Qimage? I don't want to sacrifice IQ just to add some text.

Any opinions or suggestions on how you might go about doing this would be greatly appreciated.
Might be helpful to know what printer you are using. Some wide format printers have a minimum boarder restriction. I believe that on my 4800 it's .56" on 3 sides. Is your paper size 17x22 or is that your image size that you are putting on a larger sheet?
The destination is our goal but it’s the journey we experience

camhabib

• http://
Adding Image Text
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 10:33:02 pm »

Quote from: KeithR
Might be helpful to know what printer you are using. Some wide format printers have a minimum boarder restriction. I believe that on my 4800 it's .56" on 3 sides. Is your paper size 17x22 or is that your image size that you are putting on a larger sheet?

I am for the most part going to be printing on a Pro 3800. I have ordered a 9900 but don't think that will be in in time. I email the developer of Qimage and he responded telling me about the Floating Text tool inside of Qimage, which seems to be what I needed. Now all thats left to do is go through and test how much the printer sizes up the print to make it boarderless, so that the text does not get chopped off.

fike

• Hiker Photographer
    • trailpixie.net
Adding Image Text
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 03:49:06 pm »

Quote from: camhabib
I am for the most part going to be printing on a Pro 3800. I have ordered a 9900 but don't think that will be in in time. I email the developer of Qimage and he responded telling me about the Floating Text tool inside of Qimage, which seems to be what I needed. Now all thats left to do is go through and test how much the printer sizes up the print to make it boarderless, so that the text does not get chopped off.

The Qimage floating text feature is really cool.  You can basically add text from any EXIF field as well as anything you want to write.  I assume that you want the small text to be on the outside of the framed area, in which case you will want to add a white border to the image and then put your floating text outside of it.
Fike, Trailpixie, or Marc Shaffer
Pages: [1]   Go Up