Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with 24" Layouts in Lightroom 2.1  (Read 1654 times)

mchudzik

• Michael Chudzik Photography
Problem with 24" Layouts in Lightroom 2.1
« on: January 07, 2009, 01:41:52 am »

I am having three problems with print sizing and grid view in Lightroom 2.1 and asking for advice:

I am using Windows XP

I just set up a new HP z3100 Designjet 24 inch roll feed printer.  24" roll photo paper loaded right.  But I am attempting to print two 8x12 photos side-by-side across the 24" sheet (for optimal paper usage) and Lightroom will not let me put them side by side in the printing layout grid (for optimal paper usage).

I have checked Page Setup and Print Setup menus, and gone to my HP print manager screen which all see "roll paper".  But I don't see the print manager screen allowing me to choose 24inch specifically, but maybe that is not required.  Every time I print two or more 8x photos, it is only printing one photo at a time, not two side by side.

Also, I created a 8x12 custom print size in the Lightroom print-package size area, but when I select that size, Lightroom keeps changing the size to 10.61x7.64 automatically, and the maximum I can manually adjust it to is that size.  I cannot seem to control Lightroom and get what I want in layout and photo size.

Can one of you wide format print pros give me some help?  Thanks.

Jim Pascoe

• http://www.jimpascoe.co.uk
Problem with 24" Layouts in Lightroom 2.1
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 12:20:32 pm »

I use a Canon 24" printer run from a Mac.  However I use templates a lot from LR.  My experience is that the template will always leave a margin around the paper edge, so it is not possible to print two 12x8 prints side by side.  Mine are 8x11.89.  LR seems to want a 3mm border either side.

Regarding the custom size problem. Check you have made the default margins as small as you can before setting the template size.

Jim

PS  I am a pro, and have a wide format printer, but I would not claim to be a 'print pro'!
Pages: [1]   Go Up