Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smaller Gamut from UV-Cut V No filter i1Pro  (Read 2715 times)

issa

Smaller Gamut from UV-Cut V No filter i1Pro
« on: July 05, 2010, 05:20:13 am »

Hi all

I have made two profiles one from UV-Cut and another one from No-filter i1-pro, Using Chromix I see that the Gamut is slightly smaller on the profile from the UV-Cut, mainly in the yellow area - is there a reason for this, I was expecting same gamut.
Issa

Beds, UK

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 07:24:28 am »

Quote from: issa
Hi all

I have made two profiles one from UV-Cut and another one from No-filter i1-pro, Using Chromix I see that the Gamut is slightly smaller on the profile from the UV-Cut, mainly in the yellow area - is there a reason for this, I was expecting same gamut.

If the normal Eye 1 measures  a higher paper reflectance of the same paper (OBA effect) without a loss in Dmax/saturation then the paper/ink gamut represented in the profile is larger. Yellow as a lighter color may benefit of that effect. Depends on how far the OBA light emission stretches to the lower frequencies.

I thought you expected more yellow in the print made with the profile based on the normal Eye 1 measurements. At least that is what you mentioned in the other thread. The yellow+ gamut here corresponds to that expectation. In a D50 or warmer lighting. I would check the two prints again with a microscope/loupe and you might see more/larger yellow dots in the highlight to mid range. If not then there may be something wrong in the use of the profile in color management c.q. printing may not have the conditions of the target printing (profile use excluded).

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

spectral plots of +100 inkjet papers:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 07:45:09 am by Ernst Dinkla »

issa

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 07:31:51 am »

Quote from: Ernst Dinkla
I thought you expected more yellow in the print made with the profile based on the normal Eye 1 measurements. At least that is what you mentioned in the other thread. The yellow+ gamut here corresponds to that expectation. I would check the two prints again with a microscope/loupe and you might see more/larger yellow dots in the highlight to mid range. If not then there may be something wrong in the use of the profile in color management c.q. printing may not have the conditions of the target printing (profile use excluded).

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

spectral plots of +100 inkjet papers:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm

Thank you Ernst

Agree that what i was expecting and did not see any visual difference with prints to confirm my profil, will take your advise and check again under magnification, or do another oputput prints, as you say I might have not had the condition right.

issa
Issa

Beds, UK
Pages: [1]   Go Up