Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Otterbox  (Read 2871 times)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Otterbox
« on: December 21, 2008, 02:54:33 am »

Hi Folks:  Taking your new iPhone out into the field?  Came across this site today.  No experience with them, but it looks good...

Otterbox Cases

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

francois

Otterbox
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 05:15:25 am »

Quote from: wolfnowl
Hi Folks:  Taking your new iPhone out into the field?  Came across this site today.  No experience with them, but it looks good...

Otterbox Cases

Mike.
No experience with these boxes but I'm using a small and rigid Pelican box. A friend of mine has the Impact Case and he says that he's pleased with it.
Francois

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Otterbox
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 02:27:22 am »

Quote from: francois
No experience with these boxes but I'm using a small and rigid Pelican box. A friend of mine has the Impact Case and he says that he's pleased with it.

Sorry... yes they do have waterproof boxes similar to a Pelican case, but it was the cell phone/ PDA/ iPod/ Palm cases that I was pointing out.  Not waterproof, but shock and dust resistant at least.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

francois

Otterbox
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 04:32:14 am »

Quote from: wolfnowl
Sorry... yes they do have waterproof boxes similar to a Pelican case, but it was the cell phone/ PDA/ iPod/ Palm cases that I was pointing out.  Not waterproof, but shock and dust resistant at least.

Mike.
I have not seen iPod/iPhone cases from Otterbox. I've seen some protective cases from Marware. They looked very similar to the Impact Case from Otterbox. I found that they were on the heavy side as rubber they were made of was thick/compact. It might be a problem or not.

Edit: from the OtterBox spec sheet, the Impact case weight is around 17g or 0.6 oz and it's not made out of rubber but silicon
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 04:32:40 am by francois »
Francois

Jim Stone

Otterbox
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 08:40:20 am »

Quote from: francois
I have not seen iPod/iPhone cases from Otterbox. I've seen some protective cases from Marware. They looked very similar to the Impact Case from Otterbox. I found that they were on the heavy side as rubber they were made of was thick/compact. It might be a problem or not.

Edit: from the OtterBox spec sheet, the Impact case weight is around 17g or 0.6 oz and it's not made out of rubber but silicon
Mike,

I've been using an Otterbox since I dropped my first Iphone and had it replaced.  It was actually an Apple care tech who recommended it !!  Since then, no fewer than 5 friends have bought one after seeing it.  It does provide a very good shock proof case which also covers the screen......and I have proven it, believe me !!  It fits like a clamshell around the phone, then you stretch rubber over that.   They DO make a waterproof version, but have no experience with it.  I highly recommend it.  They were running a buy one get one sale which I took advantage of for gifts.    

Jim

francois

Otterbox
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 09:41:52 am »

Quote from: Jim Stone
Mike,

I've been using an Otterbox since I dropped my first Iphone and had it replaced.  It was actually an Apple care tech who recommended it !!  Since then, no fewer than 5 friends have bought one after seeing it.  It does provide a very good shock proof case which also covers the screen......and I have proven it, believe me !!  It fits like a clamshell around the phone, then you stretch rubber over that.   They DO make a waterproof version, but have no experience with it.  I highly recommend it.  They were running a buy one get one sale which I took advantage of for gifts.    

Jim
Jim,
Thanks for the info. I'll definitely look into an OtterBox... I've seen that they offer worldwide shipping.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up