Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: paper type for Epson paper on HP z3200?  (Read 3655 times)

netherscurial

paper type for Epson paper on HP z3200?
« on: December 14, 2008, 10:27:43 pm »

Hello,

For my new hp z3200 I have some Epson paper that I want to print on, some sheet Enhanced Matte Paper and some sheet Velvet Fine art.

What paper type would I select for these when creating a new paper preset? It has different options and not sure which to pick, such as paper types in categories like photo paper, Fine art material...etc....

Thanks!

walter.sk

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 11:54:38 pm »

Quote from: netherscurial
For my new hp z3200 I have some Epson paper that I want to print on, some sheet Enhanced Matte Paper and some sheet Velvet Fine art.

For the Enhanced Matte, use the HP Litho-Realistic as the preset paper.  I don't know about the Velvet Fine Art, but would guess at starting with the HP Hahnemuhle Smooth Fine Art paper.

netherscurial

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 09:10:28 am »

THanks Walter, I'll try those!

Kevin

netherscurial

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 07:40:19 am »

Ok question, I am having trouble profiling the Enhanced Matter. I setup a new paper in the HP printer utility and selected the Litho matter you mentioned and then gave it a name. It then told me to load the paper in the back. It started printing the patches and then it started scanning. It spit the paper out after it was done but I noticed the dialog box on my mac was still calculating the calibration/profile at around 88%, an error message then came up that said:

No paper loaded. Load the printer with HPz3200 Epson Enhanced Matte paper (size A3/B). Click 'Continue' to print and scan the ICC profiling chart and to create the profile. Click 'Cancel' to create the profile later.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

netherscurial

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 07:59:40 am »

Ok tried it a second time, same result. It gets to to like 87% percent, calibrating results...then comes up with that dialog.

Does it matter what size paper I put in there? I put 8.5 x 11 size in there.

THanks!

netherscurial

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 08:15:45 am »

I notice that a dialog box keeps on coming up in the HP Printer Monitor that says something like:

Paper path out of paper.
Sheet path out of paper.
Load paper to continue printing.

jhein

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 02:31:01 pm »

The problem is the 400 or so patches the profiler needs will only fit on a roll or Super B (13x19) sheet.  You are using letter size.  This means you will need 3 or 4 sheets of paper to profile.  The printer knows this and is simply waiting for you to load the next sheet so it can finish.

hope this helps
Jim

netherscurial

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 03:56:17 pm »

Thanks for the tip.

THe manual says this:

"The calibration process is fully automatic and can be performed unattended after you have loaded paper
of the type you wish to calibrate—which should be A4, Letter or any larger size."

So it looks like you can use smaller sheets but I maybe mistaken.

THe printout that came out looks like the screenshot of the test chart in the manual.

I have 176 patches on mine. Is 400 patches for the APS version? I have the regular one.

thanks

netherscurial

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 04:07:03 pm »

Ok i think I understand. THat 176 is only for the calibration....I see it prints out a bigger one at the profile stage.

THanks still learning, I will try that.
Pages: [1]   Go Up