Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP z3200 loud fan?  (Read 2032 times)

netherscurial

HP z3200 loud fan?
« on: December 15, 2008, 09:49:59 am »

Still learning all the stuff about my new printer, but I read it's supposed to sleep but not sure if it's sleeping as the flan is rather loud all the time.

Is the fan supposed to be loud even with sleeping? It's louder than my computer.

THanks!

rdonson

HP z3200 loud fan?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 09:52:16 am »

I'm not sure its a fan.  It may be the hard drive spinning.  I barely hear my drive but its in a good sized room with the back of the printer facing away from me.
Regards,
Ron

netherscurial

HP z3200 loud fan?
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 11:50:37 am »

THanks, the noise is coming from the back right side where the ethernet connection is.

Is there a way to force the printer into standby or sleep mode?

THanks!

rdonson

HP z3200 loud fan?
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 06:28:33 pm »

That's where the hard drive noise will be heard from.  No way to stop the hard drive from spinning that I'm aware of.... short of turning the machine off.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 06:30:03 pm by rdonson »
Regards,
Ron

Bas Stekelenburg

• http://
HP z3200 loud fan?
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 06:21:31 pm »

Quote from: netherscurial
THanks, the noise is coming from the back right side where the ethernet connection is.

Is there a way to force the printer into standby or sleep mode?

THanks!

It’s definitely the fan, it is exactly positioned there. You get used to it.

About your  question of the paper profiling: The Z3200 is delivered with a small 24” roll of HP Everyday Pigment Ink Satin Photo paper (in Europe). If you start with setting up your printer, it is a good idea to calibrate and profile that free of charge paper. You’ll see than that the amount of patches for calibrating is small, but there’s a much bigger number of patches needed for profiling. All these never fit on A4 or letter sized paper. You’ll need at least A3 or comparable size paper.
Start with HP paper(s), if everything works fine, start experimenting with other brands. Epson is a good second, especially price/performance. Hahnemuhle, Harman and Ilford are other toppers.

Bas
Pages: [1]   Go Up