Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon G1 - Enough, already!  (Read 3462 times)

Ian Rivlin

Canon G1 - Enough, already!
« on: December 09, 2008, 05:04:28 pm »

The G1 is good but is it that good?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 05:07:03 pm by Ian Rivlin »

DarkPenguin

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 05:09:09 pm »

Are you referring to the Canon G10 or the Panasonic G1?

dalethorn

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 07:31:39 pm »

Quote from: Ian Rivlin
The G1 is good but is it that good?
The G1 is great and so is the G10. Both are good values for the money.

Ian Rivlin

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 08:28:38 pm »

My mistake --meant to say G10 and when I saw the pic that was taken with the G1 (Panasonic) thought it was yet another review. This will teach me to read things more carefully!

I use a Pentax K20D. The autofocus is poor (slow and inaccurate in low light) and the auto exposure isn't as good as on the D300 or D90 Nikon - BUT the image quality is best of all the cameras of its class. It's a superb camera for landscapes, if you can plonk it on a tripod and take a little time. I haven't seen "The Luminous Landscape" do any reviews on this camera - surprising as it's such a good tool for landscape photography.

Does anyone else have any personal experiences with the K20D?

Ian Rivlin

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 08:29:17 pm »

My mistake --meant to say G10 and when I saw the pic that was taken with the G1 (Panasonic) thought it was yet another review. This will teach me to read things more carefully!

I use a Pentax K20D. The autofocus is poor (slow and inaccurate in low light) and the auto exposure isn't as good as on the D300 or D90 Nikon - BUT the image quality is best of all the cameras of its class. It's a superb camera for landscapes, if you can plonk it on a tripod and take a little time. I haven't seen "The Luminous Landscape" do any reviews on this camera - surprising as it's such a good tool for landscape photography.

Does anyone else have any personal experiences with the K20D?

oldcsar

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 01:09:56 am »

Hello Ian,
I have no experience whatsoever with the K20D... however, it has been reviewed quite well with respect to the Samsung sensor that Pentax has implemented. If I were not already invested in Canon mount glass (and a Canon DSLR body), I would seriously consider the K20D. Their viewfinders are supposed to be large and nice, while the sensor itself provides a nice balance of resolution and high iso performance.

Do you have any K20D photo samples (or insights) that you would like to share?
Brendan Wiebe
 [url=http://smg.photobucke
Pages: [1]   Go Up