Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DNG to NEF  (Read 3184 times)

Frasier66

DNG to NEF
« on: February 14, 2009, 05:29:39 am »

Hi there,
is there a way to convert a DNG file into a NEF file? Reason why I am asking: I am very pleased to work with Capture NX2 and I can not use my DNG files from my M8. If there is a way to do this, please let me know. Thank you, Jochen

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
DNG to NEF
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 10:17:49 am »

No, there isn't. Oddly enough, Nikon Capture only works with Nikon cameras. This is the reason many photographers avoid manufacturer's software--if you ever switch camera brands, or shoot with more than one brand, you are stuck with having to deal with learning multiple different incompatible RAW processing programs. If you learn how to use ACR/Bridge you can duplicate the look of the other RAW converters and only have to learn one program.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 10:18:15 am by Jonathan Wienke »

jdemott

DNG to NEF
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 05:31:39 pm »

Nik Software, the developers of Capture NX2, now offer a Photoshop plug-in called Viveza that incorporates the basic control point technology of Capture NX2.  I haven't tried it because I already have NX2, but it should allow you to use NX2-like processing on any file type recognized by Photoshop, including DNG.  I believe a free trial is available.
John DeMott
Pages: [1]   Go Up