Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get rid of printerdriver in LR 2.1?  (Read 1761 times)

Bas Stekelenburg

• http://
How to get rid of printerdriver in LR 2.1?
« on: November 20, 2008, 11:54:00 am »

Got a serious printer problem.
Need to re-install printer driver, but first I MUST be sure that old printer driver is gone.
Does anyone know how to check this?
I have deleted the printer out of the Windows Vista configuration panel, but I do not know if this is enough.
(Also in PS CS3 I need to do the same thing).
Thank you for advice.

Bas

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 10:04:09 pm »

It should be.  Check:

c:\windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86 (or x64)

Note that printers in windows are not "application" specific, removing from Control Panel will remove that printer for all.  One thing I've always done is to retain the Windows Test Print Page, whenever installing or updating a printer.  It lists the spcific files / dll's / version numbers and their specific location.  It really helps when dealing with tech support.

All that said, this stil does not address the supporting printer software and services.  Which specific printer are you having a probelm with?

Bas Stekelenburg

• http://
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 05:54:28 pm »

Quote from: Joh.Murray
It should be.  Check:

c:\windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86 (or x64)

Note that printers in windows are not "application" specific, removing from Control Panel will remove that printer for all.  One thing I've always done is to retain the Windows Test Print Page, whenever installing or updating a printer.  It lists the spcific files / dll's / version numbers and their specific location.  It really helps when dealing with tech support.

All that said, this stil does not address the supporting printer software and services.  Which specific printer are you having a probelm with?

Thanks for your answer; I was out - not being able to read any post.
I have a very strange problem with the just installed Z3200. When printing with GE on an empty apron around the picture, it starts printing with a 1/2 inch of light graduated gray! It fades out and disappears after about half an inch, sometimes less, sometimes more. HP does not know why. I send examples to them; the problem  was scaled up to their competence center somewhere abroad. Print head swap did not cure (GE and light gray share one print head) and they brought a complete new machine. Same problem. All I can do is completely re-install my printer driver, what I did by deleting the printer, rebooting and re-installing the printer. No news. So I “hoped” I did not completely removed every bit if the driver. Maybe it has to do with Adobe: the problem only appears with PS CS3 and Lightroom 2.1 Not with a Word file with a picture on it, p.e.  I have a workaround with the Economy mode, where GE is NOT applied  on places with 255,255,255, but I don’t like it and I like to know why.
Other than this, the Z3200 is a superb machine, I can recommend it to each and every one with the need to print really true color and really darkroom quality B and W .

Bas
Pages: [1]   Go Up