Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP LP2475W calibration  (Read 6089 times)

padsterman

HP LP2475W calibration
« on: November 18, 2008, 07:26:16 pm »

I just ordered the HP LP2475W display.  I have an older Monaco/X-Rite Optix XR Pro calibration kit that I was using to calibrate my Lacie CRTs.  Can I use this puck (DTP94 ?) with the LP2475W or should I buy the i1Display2 ?  Or is there a better tool?

tony field

• http://www.tphoto.ca
HP LP2475W calibration
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 02:27:49 am »

Quote from: padsterman
I just ordered the HP LP2475W display.  I have an older Monaco/X-Rite Optix XR Pro calibration kit that I was using to calibrate my Lacie CRTs.  Can I use this puck (DTP94 ?) with the LP2475W or should I buy the i1Display2 ?  Or is there a better tool?
There should be no problem.  I used to use the old Monaco and found that it was no different than when monitors are profiled with the i1.

The only thing pretty obvious about the monitor is that it is far too bright as it comes from the factory - maybe it is factory optimized for movie playing:-)  I reduced the brightness in the OSD from a default of 90 down to 10.  This made it much more eye-friendly and does not affect the gamut.  For what it is worth, my monitor gamut is somewhat larger than Adobe RGB.

GerardK

• http://www.kingma.nu
HP LP2475W calibration
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 02:54:13 am »

Tony,

Re. the other threads, do you consider your unit to be uniform in color across the screen if you fill it with white? Thanks,

Gerard Kingma
www.kingma.nu

tony field

• http://www.tphoto.ca
HP LP2475W calibration
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 04:38:59 am »

Quote from: GerardK
Tony,
Re. the other threads, do you consider your unit to be uniform in color across the screen if you fill it with white? Thanks,
Gerard Kingma
www.kingma.nu
Not quite uniform.  If I view the screen from exactly centre, there is a slight darkening on the right and bottom sides.  If I move my head about 20 degrees toward the right and slightly down, the monitor looks uniform.  I am trying to decide if this is acceptable or not :-)  I certainly can work with it as it is, but I was hoping it would be perfect.  Setting the monitor to lower brightness minimized the darkening.  I have just reprofiled the monitor with an OSD brightness of 20.

I checked with my spot meter - compared to the brightest part of the screen, the right is darker by about 0.4 EV and the bottom about 0.2 EV.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 07:32:31 pm by tony field »

mats

HP LP2475W calibration
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2008, 02:03:13 pm »

I have needed a new monitor for some time.
So last week, after reading threads here and other reviews I finally purchased a HP LP2475w.
I have calibrated it using Monaco Optix and an xr (DTP-94).
I am very pleased with the result ( after turning backlight way down!)
Colours seem accurate and print matching is great with my printer and a range of papers (Epon 4000 and 2100).
The screen is not uniform in luminance. There is some darkening in the corners, as can be expected. But there is also a slight difference between tha left and right sides. The right side is slightly darker, have not measured the difference as it is slight enought for me to live with for the price. Colours are accurate across the screen with no perceptible shifts to either side.
All in all I am stoked, a big improvement om my aging Lacie crt.

Mats

Pages: [1]   Go Up