Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Phase One adapter plate for RZ67  (Read 3373 times)

Gilles L

Phase One adapter plate for RZ67
« on: November 23, 2008, 08:47:20 pm »

I am quite curious to know if the Phase One adapter plate or the RZ67 would work on a Leaf (or manufacturers') digital back with Mamiya 645AFD mount? The Phase One plate has a cable that fits in the electromagnetic cable release socket of the RZ67, and I did not see this cable in the Leaf documentation. Has anyone tried it?

Thanks! Gilles

Rick_Allen

• http://www.rapdigital.net
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 08:54:01 pm »

Haven't tried it but get the Leaf one as it allows you to use the Rz's back rotation. I have one that alot of my Phase shooters use and love just because you can rotate the digi back
Rick Allen
[url=http://www.rapdigital.ne

klane

• I live in a c-stand fort.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 09:05:11 pm »

sent you a pm.

Gilles L

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 09:07:34 pm »

Quote from: Rick_Allen
Haven't tried it but get the Leaf one as it allows you to use the Rz's back rotation. I have one that alot of my Phase shooters use and love just because you can rotate the digi back

That's good to know and a big plus, I did not know that the Phase plate did not rotate... Thanks!

RobertJ

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2008, 12:06:52 am »

The Phase One adapter plate that uses the cords is for Hassy V backs to be mounted on your RZI/II, and the IID will still require cords with this adapter and Hassy V back (of course).

They also make an electronic adapter for the ProIID and a Mamiya AFD mount back (no cords).  Mamiya makes the same thing as well.

Leaf has a non-electronic adapter with cords required for Mamiya AFD backs to work on the RZI/II/IID.  If you have an RZ non-D and 645AFD combo, the Leaf adapter is probably the best, because you can switch back and forth between cameras with the same back.

Gilles L

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 09:10:52 am »

Thanks for all the informative replies. It seems that that the Leaf adapter kit is the best solutions, since it includes everything to hook up the back, includes the screen, has a rotating plate, and can be fitted on any generation of the RZ67.

So far I found three solutions:

- Leaf adapter kit which includes plate, cables and focusing screen (or mask). Can be fitted on all generations of the RZ. I think this is the only rotating plate.
- The Mamiya plate is the same price as the above kit. The focusing screen with crop lines is extra, and so are the cables for earlier RZ. Plate does not rotate.
- Phase One adapter kit comes with plate, cable and mask. Plate does not rotate. More info above.

Thanks again for your help. Gilles

Brady

• http://www.bradyfontenot.com
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 04:27:18 pm »

Is there any RZ67 to Hassy V Mount adapter for Phase backs that allows rotation?  Sort of annoying if not...planning to get a V mount back to use between my 500cm and RZ67
Pages: [1]   Go Up