Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 11880 and CS4 Issues  (Read 2552 times)

Jeff Phillips

Epson 11880 and CS4 Issues
« on: December 03, 2008, 03:22:53 pm »

Anyone else having issues printing to an Epson 11880 with CS4?  My prints are extra dark using CS4 on the 11880.  Other Epson printers are fine.  Prints with CS3 are fine.  I am almost positive I have the usual settings correct (i.e. not double color managed, calibrated monitor, can't see a gremlin with a black marker in his hand).  Would like to hear I am not alone.  Would really like to hear a solution.  Thanks for any help in advance...

Jeff
See my photos at: [url=http://www.fredmi

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 03:34:17 pm »

Quote from: Jeff Phillips
Anyone else having issues printing to an Epson 11880 with CS4?  My prints are extra dark using CS4 on the 11880.  Other Epson printers are fine.  Prints with CS3 are fine.  I am almost positive I have the usual settings correct (i.e. not double color managed, calibrated monitor, can't see a gremlin with a black marker in his hand).  Would like to hear I am not alone.  Would really like to hear a solution.  Thanks for any help in advance...

Jeff

Been printing a bunch of stuff lately from CS4 and LR to my 11880 ... no issues like that at all.  (not much help, sorry)

Jeff Phillips

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 04:10:41 pm »

Quote from: Wayne Fox
Been printing a bunch of stuff lately from CS4 and LR to my 11880 ... no issues like that at all.  (not much help, sorry)

Not much help - but still helpful.  I should add I am using a Mac with 10.5.5

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 08:40:12 am »

Quote from: Jeff Phillips
Not much help - but still helpful.  I should add I am using a Mac with 10.5.5

Things have changed in CS4. If you printer drivers are not totally compliant with Leopard you will have problems. At least that is what we are being told.

Of course there is supposed to be 10.5.6 coming which is supposed to fix printing issues. ColorSync issues?

With my Canon iPF driver, with CS3 the driver settings defaulted to no CM and now with CS4 the driver setting default to ColorSync. There is no way to change either one. I am just glad we have a plugin to print from PS with the Canon printers, avoiding all the Adobe/Apple/Printer driver silliness.

Apparently if you running 10.4.11 there is no problem.

Doyle
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 08:41:42 am by DYP »

madmanchan

• Web
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 09:40:49 am »

Jeff P, have you downloaded and installed the latest Leopard drivers from the Epson USA support site?
Eric Chan

Jeff Phillips

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 04:25:46 pm »

Quote from: madmanchan
Jeff P, have you downloaded and installed the latest Leopard drivers from the Epson USA support site?

Yes  - I thought that might be the issue at first but I checked and have the latest drivers.  I took the extra step to reload them (both the latest drivers (16bit) and reload the latest firmware updates for the 11880 as well as the network card for the printer) and reinstall the printer.  Still no luck.  Strangely CS3 works just fine...
Pages: [1]   Go Up