Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leaf Aptus shooter looking for either Canon / Nikon camera  (Read 1864 times)

pixjohn

Leaf Aptus shooter looking for either Canon / Nikon camera
« on: November 19, 2008, 09:33:58 pm »

I am a Leaf Aptus shooter and own a Nikon D70 as a play camera. I am thinking of getting a better dslr as just a back up and maybe use it for high ISO from time to time. I am thinking either Canon 5DII or Nikon D700. I know they will not match the quality of my aptus 75, but any real differences between Canon and Nikon? I like the idea of the video on the 5dII but I already own a 18mm - 35mm ED and 35-70mm 2.8 lens.

douglasf13

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2008, 02:40:30 pm »

Quote from: pixjohn
I am a Leaf Aptus shooter and own a Nikon D70 as a play camera. I am thinking of getting a better dslr as just a back up and maybe use it for high ISO from time to time. I am thinking either Canon 5DII or Nikon D700. I know they will not match the quality of my aptus 75, but any real differences between Canon and Nikon? I like the idea of the video on the 5dII but I already own a 18mm - 35mm ED and 35-70mm 2.8 lens.

Depends on what you want.  The Nikon is a touch better in low light with superior AF.  Canon has more resolution and movie mode.  I would look at the Sony A900 as well, as it'll probably get closest to the performance of your aptus, and it has autofocus Zeiss lenses available....not to mention the superior viewfinder and built-in image stabilization.  Coming from a leaf valeo, I went with Sony.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 02:42:14 pm by douglasf13 »

roskav

• http://www.roskavanagh.com
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 05:52:50 am »

I shoot A75 but use a D3 and D700 for stage work.  To get the max benefit from the D700 you would need to get one of those lovely nano crystal coated lenses for nikon such as the 24-70. (I have never used the 35-70 so can't compare however)

Ros

Pages: [1]   Go Up