Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panoramic from Austria  (Read 2916 times)

Chris13

Panoramic from Austria
« on: November 28, 2008, 04:09:21 pm »

Hello all
Your comments are welcome

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Panoramic from Austria
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 01:28:57 am »

Well, if it was my image, I'd remove the farm equipment, trailer or whatever it is on the right side.  I don't think it's needed for balance, and it doesn't do much for the image in my opinion - others are welcome to disagree!  Also the church is tilted - if the building is actually tilted then leave it, otherwise I'd be tempted to straighten it out.  There's nothing to give a sense of horizon - the dead trees in the background are variously straight or tilted as well, so you may need some perspective correction.  Have you tried this image in B&W?  Colour's not a big factor in this image, whereas the gray tones might add something to the image.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

OldRoy

• http://
Panoramic from Austria
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 08:40:38 am »

Quote from: Chris13
Hello all
Your comments are welcome
Well, I like it! My opinion's not exactly expert, but thanks for posting it. I play with stitched panoramas a bit myself.

As for "the church is tilted" - well maybe it is or maybe it isn't. If it's tilted in reality, not by the photography, should it be corrected? Or if it's tilted by the photography alone, should it be corrected? This seems to me like the same question! As for the farm implement, it was there. I don't imagine you photoshopped it in and don't see why you should edit it out really - unless the shot's intended as an ad for the church!

Was the image stitched? What camera/lens/settings did you use.
Roy

Chris13

Panoramic from Austria
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 02:17:30 pm »

Thank you all for you comments

for the technical aspect:
this panoramas is stitched with 2 photographs, taken with canon 300D + 100mm f/2.8 macro used wide open to reduce effect of haze.

while I feel this image should work well in b&w, I'm not yet really happy with the result I got.

Pages: [1]   Go Up