Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PhaseOne P45+ in Adobe RAW  (Read 2306 times)

hilljf

• http://photos.johnfhill.com
PhaseOne P45+ in Adobe RAW
« on: September 28, 2008, 09:21:16 pm »

I must be missing something fundamental, and so the question.

I find that when opening my RAW files from a PhaseOne P45+ in Adobe RAW the images in this processor are 1.25 stops under what I captured them at.  All then info is there and adjusting exposure allows for very nice conversions with no noise, etc.  

I often do my captures teathered to CaptureOne. I check the values of each capture and record the images exposed exactly the way I want them.   I move the files to another system.   The same raw file opened in Capture one show up as exposed properly, just as I captured it, but if I open the same file in the newest version of Adobe Camera RAW it displays as underexposed.

Any insight into why I might be seeing such a difference?

thanks, John

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 10:32:27 pm »

Your not missing anything . Same case for all the Phase backs with ACR 1 to 1.5 stops darker on import. Also kelvin temp is completely off. Frankly same with Light room and i threw LR off my system. I use C1 for my Phase files and frankly the best raw processor for the Phase backs. You can make a preset for your Phase files pretty easy . Import one get the exposure up and make any general corrections you want . Than make a preset and on import of folder you can select that preset and all is well. That is the best work around. But it is a ACR issue with Phase files so it is not you.
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 11:50:35 pm »

Your not missing anything . Same case for all the Phase backs with ACR 1 to 1.5 stops darker on import. Also kelvin temp is completely off.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225383\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Interesting ... I see no such problems with my P45+ files.  Both ACR and LR have the correct color temp. and exposure for me.

amsp

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 05:33:39 am »

Here's what you do.. open the file in C1 4.x and export to DNG, open the DNG in Lightroom/ACR and it will look correct. Very easy. As far as colors go, be sure to calibrate your back using an ACR calibration script, it makes a world of difference.

Henry Goh

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 05:52:34 am »

I think using Adobe's DNG Profile Editor instead of ACR calibration script will be much faster and easier now that it is available.

amsp

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 08:58:02 am »

I think using Adobe's DNG Profile Editor instead of ACR calibration script will be much faster and easier now that it is available.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=225437\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Probably, forgot that they released that software recently.
Pages: [1]   Go Up