Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom Picture Package for Event Portraits  (Read 2072 times)

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
Lightroom Picture Package for Event Portraits
« on: February 07, 2009, 01:33:28 am »

I've got an interesting project that Lightroom appears to be made for - I'll be shooting location portraits for about 100 couples at a Father / Daughter Valentines Dinner.  With printer on hand (a Noritsu) I will be handing out a single picture package to each couple at the event.

My problem is, I'd like to be able to print the actual filename of the image, as is possible on contact sheets - this does not appear as an option for picture packages.  Obviously having this would greatlly facilitate the ordering of reprints . . . .

Looking under profiles/appdata (i'm running windows) I do see a xml .lrtemplate file that corresponds to a custom template that I previously saved.  Has anyone any experience or information regarding these?

Richowens

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 02:23:41 am »

John,

The only way I see is to use the Identity Plate and manually edit it for each Picture Package. Use the filename instead of your name or in addition to your name.

Rich

howardm

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 04:18:06 pm »

you could do this via ImageMagick's convert, montage or mogrify command w/ the -draw option but it'd possibly be a bit of work.

A workflow something like:

In LR, setup the print and print to file (ie.  father-100.jpg)

use Imagemagick (you'll probably have to install it the package too) to composite the filename into the image  ala:
http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/annotating/

then print the resulting .jpg or use a unix pipeline like:

convert howardm_srgb.jpg -gravity south -stroke '#000C' -strokewidth 2 -annotate 0 howardm_srgb.jpg -stroke none -fill white -annotate 0 howardm_srgb.jpg jpeg:- | lp -

there is also an LR2/mogrify plug-in but it's an export plug-in so you'd still end up exporting first and then print it but it does sorta automate the middle portion
Pages: [1]   Go Up