Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad flexbody+Phase one H20  (Read 5359 times)

Efra1

Hasselblad flexbody+Phase one H20
« on: September 27, 2008, 08:32:33 am »

Hi, I just buy a Hassey Flexbody and the main use I will make is whit a H20. the problen is that I can not make the flash tigger when I attach the lens to the body.
I use a 80mm Planar, connect the flash sync to the H20 and the otre cable to the lens sycn..
Any suggestion why this don´t work??

Thanks

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2008, 08:44:16 am »

There could be several reasons for this. Have you tried;

1) Different sync cables? (you need to set the lens sync to the back sync in, guess the back attaches with firewire to your computer). I had some problematic sync cables
2) Different lens? (the shutter of the 80 could faulty as well). I also had lenses that worked and others that were always a problem. Servicing the lens did prove to be a big help.
3) Is the release mechanism of the Flexbody in good shape? Mine needed CLA (Cleaning Lubrication Adjustment) to trigger the lens shutter in a way that it worked with my CF back.

I would test in this order. I used the Flexbody with a Leaf Aptus17 & a Hasselblad CF39. The Leaf worked flawlessly, the Hasselblad was much more sensitive and needed the Flexbody release mechanism to be in tiptop shape. It also needed to have the right shutter/sync speed set in the back, the Leaf did not have this option.

Not sure whether your H20 works similarly as those 2 but I guess in general it does. Have you got the H20 to fire from the sync? The sync in migh have blown to but I have not yet experienced that problem but did any of the other 3 mentioned above.

Efra1

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2008, 06:11:17 pm »

Hi, at last the camera and the Back works fine, I just need to buy a special cable called WAKE-UP CABLE, from PhaseOne.
Thanks for all.

Efrain G

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2008, 02:11:16 am »

Damn! Of course! Phase needs to have a signal first to get the back out of 'sleep mode' to activate it to start taking a shot. I never had that with my Leaf or Hasselblad backs so kind of forgot about that part. Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 02:32:13 am by Dustbak »
Pages: [1]   Go Up