Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rights for photographers with non paying clients  (Read 1963 times)

ChrisJR

• http://
Rights for photographers with non paying clients
« on: September 06, 2008, 02:41:52 pm »

Thank you to the people who offered advice about how much to charge clients. I now have a client who is refusing to pay. Not because of the quality of my work, which is fine, but because the guy is a complete arse.

Can anyone advise on the rights of photographers in the UK?

Thanks.
Chris

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 03:23:45 pm »

I'm thinking of the scene in "The Godfather" involving a horse's head and the line "I made him an offer he couldn't refuse"...

Seriously, collect for the shoot in advance, and collect payment for the images or prints either at time of delivery or before. Otherwise, you might as well start offering financing for people getting tattoos.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 02:08:44 pm »

Thank you to the people who offered advice about how much to charge clients. I now have a client who is refusing to pay. Not because of the quality of my work, which is fine, but because the guy is a complete arse.

Can anyone advise on the rights of photographers in the UK?

Thanks.
Chris
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=219851\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Start by looking closely at the terms of the contract (you did have a written contract, or at least written terms and conditions of service which were made available to your client beforehand, didn't you?). If you have performed your side of the bargain and he doesn't honour his, you can sue him. For sums of less than £5,000 and no hugely complex legal issues, the process is inexpensive, if time-consuming.

Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up