Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 645 sensor  (Read 18127 times)

markowich

• http://www.peter-markowich.net
645 sensor
« on: July 08, 2008, 12:14:10 pm »

dear friends,
in the email from hasselblad (which probably most of you received) it says:

Hasselblad is also proud to announce the upcoming launch of a new 645 sensor. Full details on the 645 sensor can be had at Hasselblad's Future Technology seminar at Photokina 2008 in Cologne.

any clou what that means? is it the 50 mpx sensor in the HDIII? or a real full 645 sensor?
peter

SeanBK

645 sensor
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 03:02:04 pm »

dear friends,
in the email from hasselblad (which probably most of you received) it says:

Hasselblad is also proud to announce the upcoming launch of a new 645 sensor. Full details on the 645 sensor can be had at Hasselblad's Future Technology seminar at Photokina 2008 in Cologne.

any clou what that means? is it the 50 mpx sensor in the HDIII? or a real full 645 sensor?
peter
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206434\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
 To me it seems like another sensor termed "645", over & above 50MP, unless something is lost in translation. I guess Sept 23rd is not far away anymore.

markowich

• http://www.peter-markowich.net
645 sensor
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 03:40:43 pm »

could this be a reversal of hasselblad's 'full frame' policy? michael, what is your take on this?
peter

To me it seems like another sensor termed "645", over & above 50MP, unless something is lost in translation. I guess Sept 23rd is not far away anymore.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206466\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

pprdigital

• http://www.phaseone.com
645 sensor
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 04:29:06 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206466\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Press Release:

High-End Digital Camera Manufacturer Announces The Launch Of Two New Products That
Fully Utilize The Latest Developments In Sensor Technology.
Following the success of the Hasselblad H3DII-39, the market’s most advanced DSLR,
Hasselblad is taking its H camera system even further and today announces the launch of
the Hasselblad H3DII-50, featuring a new Kodak 50 megapixel sensor, which is twice the
size of the largest 35mm DSLR sensors. A new 645 sensor will also be launched in 2009.

“We are very excited to announce these two ultra-high resolution sensors,” says Christian
Poulsen, Hasselblad Chief Executive Officer, “but having huge amounts of megapixels
does not help your photography much if you are not using a camera system that can
reap the benefits of these resolutions. What we are most proud of is the fact that the
unique resolution and optical quality of our H-system lens line, combined with our digital
lens correction and UltraFocus accuracy, has made it possible for Hasselblad to take our
system even further with regards to the accurate capture and recording of image detail.”

Full details on the 645 sensor will be part of Hasselblad’s Strategy and Technology
seminar at Photokina 2008 (23rd to 28th September, Cologne, Germany). Poulsen
continues: “We will discuss the new 645 sensor and other system additions, our overall
view of the Medium Format market, its future development, and our role in driving that
development, at this seminar.”

Poulsen adds, “Both the H3DII-50 and the new 645 sensor are designed to serve the
photographers who require the highest possible image quality and resolution, and are
part of Hasselblad’s ongoing commitment to continue pushing the boundaries of high level
photography."

The new Kodak KAF-50100 image sensor, which measures 36x48 millimeters, will be
implemented in the same size housing as the H3DII-39 camera and will comprise the
core of the new H3DII-50. The new sensor size is also optimized to work with
Hasselblad’s new HTS 1.5 tilt/shift adapter (patent pending), which enlarges the image
circle by 50% to bring the benefits of tilt/shift photography into medium format DSLR
cameras. An impressive 83 line-pairs/millimeter are resolved over the full, large area of
both today’s 36x48 millimeter sensor and of the upcoming larger 645 sensor.

Kodak has also added a set of entirely new features on the 50Mpix sensor, such as new
dyes, which will result in even better, richer colors and take full advantage of
Hasselblad’s R&D in the area of color rendering technology. The new sensor also includes
a range of other new features, including quick flush technology to enable faster capture
and lower power consumption, resulting in longer battery life.

Steve Hendrix
www.ppratlanta.com/digital.php
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 04:30:28 pm by pprdigital »
Steve Hendrix
[url=http://www.phaseone.c

RobertJ

645 sensor
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 04:52:57 pm »

Holy crap!
"...larger 645 sensor."

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
645 sensor
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 05:35:46 pm »

"An impressive 83 line-pairs/millimeter are resolved over the full, large area of
both today’s 36x48 millimeter sensor and of the upcoming larger 645 sensor"

If "larger 645 sensor" means a true 41.5X56mm capture, it means a sensor with 64 MP !!!
Please do the math.

Eduardo

klane

• I live in a c-stand fort.
645 sensor
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 05:38:57 pm »

How exactly do they expect the current h series lenses to resolve 83lp? Can they??

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
645 sensor
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 05:51:03 pm »

Larger 645 sensor could also mean larger sized microns. Maybe 9 micron 31mpx or something like that.

Need to figure out first what Kodak has hiding under the blanket to be sure
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 05:52:02 pm by Guy Mancuso »
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

SeanBK

645 sensor
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 06:07:51 pm »

Larger 645 sensor could also mean larger sized microns. Maybe 9 micron 31mpx or something like that.

Need to figure out first what Kodak has hiding under the blanket to be sure
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206505\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
 My gut feeling is it will be larger pixels, thus overall less than 50MP, but it will start picking the good qualities from Nikon D3 (overall still 12MP, but larger sensor size) i.e no CA, longer apperture & better ISO performance. Funny, I just wrote my wish list.  
  More than likely they will say it is in development, delivery date late 09/early 10.

James R Russell

• http://www.russellrutherford.com/
645 sensor
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 06:42:22 pm »

My gut feeling is it will be larger pixels, thus overall less than 50MP, but it will start picking the good qualities from Nikon D3 (overall still 12MP, but larger sensor size) i.e no CA, longer apperture & better ISO performance. Funny, I just wrote my wish list.  
  More than likely they will say it is in development, delivery date late 09/early 10.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206511\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I think the new 645 sensor will be a full frame 645, 1 megapixel, but with a bit depth of 128.

It won't have a lot exact detail (which will enhance that soft focus film look), but it will have the ability to reproduce all colors in the spectrum, including colors that have not been discovered yet. (probably on the next Mars mission).

BTW:  The above is a photo of the Swiss Alps with the new sensor.

JR

juicy

645 sensor
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 07:07:15 pm »

I think the new 645 sensor will be a full frame 645, 1 megapixel, but with a bit depth of 128.

It won't have a lot exact detail (which will enhance that soft focus film look), but it will have the ability to reproduce all colors in the spectrum, including colors that have not been discovered yet. (probably on the next Mars mission).

BTW:  The above is a photo of the Swiss Alps with the new sensor.

JR
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206518\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nice shot!

I read in last Victor it's gonna be only 1 pixel sensor and all the details will be interpolated with a new "intelligent remosaicing alcorhythm". Huge dynamic range thanks to a newly designed well that's 1 foot deep and made of negative refraction metamaterial. The new back is sold to new customers only. Can't be used with any camera.

J
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 07:07:47 pm by juicy »

Mort54

• http://
645 sensor
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 07:12:09 pm »

How quickly we forget. There was a thread a week or two ago that claimed there was a 645-sized sensor coming in a future back from Phase One. I wonder if all this talk is based on the same sensor, planned for use by several different back makers.

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=26091
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 07:14:38 pm by Mort54 »
I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My

juicy

645 sensor
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 07:19:30 pm »

How quickly we forget. There was a thread a week or two ago that claimed there was a 645-sized back coming from Phase One. I wonder if all this talk is based on the same sensor, planned for use by several different back makers.

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=26091
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206522\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That sounds very probable. It will be an interesting situation if all the backmakers offer the same sensor. The new Flektogon for Hy-6 would be quite wide with the larger sensor.

Cheers,
J

uaiomex

645 sensor
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 07:37:57 pm »

Guy:

If both sensors resolve the same number of lines per milimeter, doesn't it mean they both have the same pixel pitch? Aproximately  the same pixel size?
Please explain
Thanks

Eduardo

"An impressive 83 line-pairs/millimeter are resolved over the full, large area of

Guy Mancuso

• http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/index.php
645 sensor
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 08:26:54 pm »

Guy:

If both sensors resolve the same number of lines per milimeter, doesn't it mean they both have the same pixel pitch? Aproximately  the same pixel size?
Please explain
Thanks

Eduardo
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206530\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Don't know but the word large could have a double meaning here.
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/showt

SeanBK

645 sensor
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 08:57:11 pm »

Nice shot!

I read in last Victor it's gonna be only 1 pixel sensor and all the details will be interpolated with a new "[span style=\'font-size:14pt;line-height:100%\'][span style=\'font-size:8pt;line-height:100%\']intelligent remosaicing alcorhythm[/span][/u][/b][/span]". Huge dynamic range thanks to a newly designed well that's 1 foot deep and made of negative refraction metamaterial. The new back is sold to new customers only. Can't be used with any camera.

J
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206520\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That is quite profound but it is over my head, as I know of "demosaicing" but not remosaicing. Also don't know what "alcorhthm" means, as I studied only "algorithms".    Must be a new thing, so do enlighten us, ..oh so wise ones.

juicy

645 sensor
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 09:20:27 pm »

That is quite profound but it is over my head, as I know of "demosaicing" but not remosaicing. Also don't know what "alcorhthm" means, as I studied only "algorithms".    Must be a new thing, so do enlighten us, ..oh so wise ones.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206544\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The full well capacity is measured in gallons not photons from now on. Because of only one pixel, to get any details in the image you need to remosaic the raw data before it can be demosaiced. I do not recall if there was any mention about alcohol consumption.

(Oo-kay, not funny anymore, better to leave this thread before getting punished)
Cheers,
J

gss

645 sensor
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2008, 09:22:29 pm »

Also don't know what "alcorhthm" means, as I studied only "algorithms".
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206544\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Actually, algorithm comes from al-Khwarizmi, which is not too very far from "alcorhthm".

uaiomex

645 sensor
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2008, 10:26:10 pm »

This thread is starting to look like a GetDPI thread, which is not bad at all.
I think we're all having the Pre-fotokina syndrome.

Boring beginning of summer before the top photo show in the world starts.

Eduardo  

Actually, algorithm comes from al-Khwarizmi, which is not too very far from "alcorhthm".
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206552\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

SeanBK

645 sensor
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2008, 11:22:51 pm »

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=206552\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Muhammad ibn Mūsā al-Khwārizmī: He was a Persian Islamic mathematician. The words algorism and algorithm stem from Algoritmi, the Latinization of his name. His name is also the origin of the Spanish word guarismo and of the Portuguese word algarismo, both meaning digit...so "alcorhthm" is just simply wrong, no matter how one tries to fit & justify the erroneous statement.
     But I think Eduardo (uaiomex) put it succinctly, "it is just a pre-fotokina syndrome".      
Cheers.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 11:24:23 pm by SeanBK »
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up