Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Phase One P30+ promo  (Read 3656 times)

mosko

New Phase One P30+ promo
« on: July 10, 2008, 09:37:19 pm »

I just spent the morning at my local Phase One dealer (Seattle) with the visiting NW Phase One rep using the Phamiya with a P30+.  I had rented the P30+ in the past with a Hasselblad, but really wanted to see how this felt as I have a complete Mamiya AF system for film.  The camera felt good, AF much faster, shorter shutter lag.  This was all in one last attempt to see if it was worth it to get this  system as I have been sorely tempted by the H3D II 31 promotion, but have always been resistant to the H cameras for all the normal reasons and because of their giant lenses.

Lo and Behold I come to find out that Phase is matching the H3D 31 promotion......

That means a Phase One Mamiya camera body with a P30+ and 80mm Mamiya lens for 18,000.00!
I guess this has to be considered still in the rumor stage, but according to Murray Elliott, the NW Phase One rep, this will be announced to all dealers in a couple of days, but I can confirm I was offered this price.

Glad I held out as this is the deal I have been waiting for.

shutay

• http://www.asiaphotohub.com/Jason/
New Phase One P30+ promo
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2008, 05:39:07 am »

All these price wars and new product/tech announcements is very exciting for me at least, and it means that I can consider an upgrade in the near-ish future to a much better back than I might have thought possible just 6 months ago, although it does mean that I will inadvertently find myself in a position where my current Ixpress 96c back will be kept as a backup back whether I like it or not rather than trying to sell it if the resale price drops too far!  

SeanBK

New Phase One P30+ promo
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 09:01:47 am »

That means a Phase One Mamiya camera body with a P30+ and 80mm Mamiya lens for 18,000.00!I guess this has to be considered still in the rumor stage, but according to Murray Elliott, the NW Phase One rep, this will be announced to all dealers in a couple of days, but I can confirm I was offered this price.

Glad I held out as this is the deal I have been waiting for.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207180\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you for actually sharing the price with us. This is what everybody should do, I just don't understand why other purchasers don't do it, what are they affraid of the dealers for, yet they spend hours on this forum bitching @ drawbacks of MF back & virtues of their purchases!  

mosko

New Phase One P30+ promo
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 09:23:06 pm »

Thank you for actually sharing the price with us. This is what everybody should do, I just don't understand why other purchasers don't do it, what are they affraid of the dealers for, yet they spend hours on this forum bitching @ drawbacks of MF back & virtues of their purchases!  
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=207274\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I'm just happy to see prices coming down to a reasonable zone.  Being originally an RZ shooter for years, I have been waiting to get a MF digital system as my canon just doesn't do it for me.
I went back to shooting film for a while to get the look I wanted.  I hope this price zone gets more
people shooting MF again as we need a thriving business to keep development going.

Derek J

• http://www.optechsdigital.com
New Phase One P30+ promo
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 04:54:16 pm »

Hello everyone, Murray Elliott asked me to post this in response to the original post regarding the P30+.    

Dear forum reader,

I would like to take this opportunity to set the record straight 
regarding a post from last week by a potential customer.

I did tell the customer that I would try to work out something for 
her to combat hasselblad's promotion price on their 31MP back and 
that Phase One had scheduled a dealer meeting the following day 
where new promos would be announced.

Phase One decided to announce our new 60.5MP back as well as other 
promotional offers, however, Phase One opted not to match the 
Hasselblad offering.

Please contact your local dealer for further information regarding 
these summer promotions.

I apologize for any confusion.

Murray Elliott
Midwest & Northwest Area Manager

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Derek
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 04:54:50 pm by Derek J »
Derek Jensen
Optechs Digital
Phase One, Leaf, ALPA, Profoto, Canon
Seattle, WA
206-343-9900
www.optechsdigital.com

mosko

New Phase One P30+ promo
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 07:19:55 pm »

Hello everyone, Murray Elliott asked me to post this in response to the original post regarding the P30+.   
If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,
Derek
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=208180\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

OK...............  So I guess I should have kept my big mouth shut!  Sorry about that, but I was lead
to believe an announcement of this promotion was imminent and I thought it was exciting news.  I guess various programs the companies are putting out are a fast moving target at this time and we can never be sure until an official announcement.
Pages: [1]   Go Up