Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tilt shift by Zoerk  (Read 4808 times)

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
Tilt shift by Zoerk
« on: July 05, 2008, 11:08:11 pm »

Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
Tilt shift by Zoerk
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2008, 12:21:52 am »

http://www.zoerk.com/pages/p_pshift.htm
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=205831\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I use the zork MFS with my Rollei 6008 via a shutter adapter.   It's a decent system and over all I'm pretty happy but the main downside is this solution will not allow the use of wide lenses.   The shortest focal length possible will depend on the camera system used so you'd have to check with zork if you want to know exactly.

I have fit all kinds of optics to the MFS but my favorite lenses are the rodagon apo enlarger style lenses (hence the need for the shutter adapter).   These lenses are so small and light that its really easy to use these handheld with no troubles.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 12:23:55 am by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA

Juanito

• John Raymond Mireles
Tilt shift by Zoerk
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2008, 01:09:19 am »

I've been using one for years on my small format systems. It's ok. Enlarging lenses are super low contrast and aren't coated to protect against lens flare. Mine will show flare if any direct sunlight comes close to hitting it. The tilt function flops around so it's not easy to hold from shot to shot. And the lack of wide angle makes it of limited use. I've pretty much traded mine in for the Canon 24mm tilt-shift.

John

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
Tilt shift by Zoerk
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2008, 01:21:08 am »

Well the zork MFS with either the shift adapter or not isn't going to focus to infinity with a DSLR with any lenses shorter than about 80mm.  It will work fine for macro work though.  

The apo rodagons are some of the best optics out there but certainly if you just buy any old enlarger lens YMMV.   I bought a metal screw in hood for my rodagons on ebay for like $15 that works fine and I've never had problems with flare.   Not trying to defend the zork but also if you use the tighten/loosen ring on the base it will stiffen up enough to hold heavier optics fine.  In fact I've even mounted a betavaron zoom enlarger lens on my zork (so if you know what that is you'll know how strong the zork is).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 01:23:12 am by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up