Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: New Sinar arTec camera  (Read 169294 times)

Gigi

• some work
New Sinar arTec camera
« Reply #100 on: July 01, 2008, 04:00:49 pm »

Thanks Thierry, as always.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 04:01:10 pm by Geoffreyg »
Geoff

thsinar

• http://www.sinarcameras.com
New Sinar arTec camera
« Reply #101 on: July 01, 2008, 04:01:24 pm »

Dimensions: 27 x 19 x 7 cm (approx. 11 x 7.5 x 3")

Weight: slightly under 1.5 Kg (approx. 3.2 lbs.)

Thierry

I'd be interested to know its dimensions and weight, but it looks like it might be compact.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=204714\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

thsinar

New Sinar arTec camera
« Reply #102 on: July 01, 2008, 04:06:04 pm »

Not yet Marc, but all relevant and important specs have been given here so far and won't change anymore.

Anyway, an "official" specs sheet will certainly come soon.
Please bear a bit with us and let us some time.

Thanks,
Thierry

I am very interested in this camera, but it looks like with all the different question here,
there is a lot to be answered.
Is there not a spec sheet  available where all basic questions are answered and explained?
Marc
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=204684\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Morgan_Moore

• sammorganmoore.com
New Sinar arTec camera
« Reply #103 on: July 02, 2008, 01:43:48 am »

hi Sam,

sorry, I don't get what you are asking exactly: adapter plate for the Hy6 on the P series?

can you precise please?

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=204846\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

As you know I am always looking for Sinar to integrate  thier system

you new camera looks great helping the HY6 'problem' of a lack of superwide lens

what I am asking is if HY6 plated back go onto your P series view cameras yet without an adapter change

meaning that you system would therefore smoothly offer from supewide to view in a slick manner

S
Sam Morgan Moore Bristol UK

yaya

New Sinar arTec camera
« Reply #104 on: July 02, 2008, 02:01:56 am »

what I am asking is if HY6 plated back go onto your P series view cameras yet without an adapter change

S
Cambo SLW-81 adapter on a Cambo sliding back for Sinar 5X4

thsinar

New Sinar arTec camera
« Reply #105 on: July 02, 2008, 02:42:42 am »

Alright, got it:

- an interface plate for the mount of a Sinar Hy6 back to be mounted on the Sinar sliding adapter is in preparation and will be available at Photokina.

Best regards,
Thierry

As you know I am always looking for Sinar to integrate  thier system

you new camera looks great helping the HY6 'problem' of a lack of superwide lens

meaning that you system would therefore smoothly offer from supewide to view in a slick manner

S
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=204939\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Prakash Patel

• http://www.prakashpatel.com
New Sinar arTec camera
« Reply #106 on: July 02, 2008, 03:24:07 am »

Rainer, Stefan,Thierry, & the Sinar team.....thank you guys and congratulations on the new camera intro

Really nice addition to the Sinar ensemble...........to have an optical platform that complements
the efficiency and the elegance of the brumbaer software  and the Sinar hardware with its interchangeable mounts as well as the Sinar technical support (as well as  Xposure, if working tethered......once shadings and color matrices are implemented in the software).

You are right in your observations that photographers can work through many inconveniences and obstacles when dealing with a different technology, often you actually forget these....... using the LCD like a videographer rather than composing on a ground glass.

For me, the important issue with new technologies (digital film) is not to change the archetypical relationship of the person and the tool..........in this case the act of composing a picture on a gridded groundglass with an upside down reversed image. Looking at a 645 image on a groundglass is not the same as a 4x5, but it is definitely different than reacting to a representation on an LCD screen (for many photographers this delineation simply may not matter)

Its great that Sinar acted in the market place instead of reacting to conversations and "features" dictated by other players in the market place.

This may not the camera for everyone....but it is the only one that provides all compositional tools of a traditional view camera along wiht a sliding back on a new optical platform that utilizes a high resolution digital  capture medium.

To be able to incorporate tilt/swing with a sliding back in a wide angle camera system obviously involves physics  and the resulting  specific compromises made by Sinar  may not be acceptable to all shooters.

However, the result of Rainer's collaboration in bringing this product to the market place  is quite impressive.......

regards
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 12:13:40 pm by Prakash Patel »

adammork

New Sinar arTec camera
« Reply #107 on: July 02, 2008, 05:30:24 am »

i totally agree that one can use the alpas, and some alpa photographers  ( as you ) are among the best worldwide. but, and this was always my point : not for all of us but for many the transition to digital is a very expensive decision. easily it costs you together with 4 or 5 lenses and a 33/39 mp back 40 - 60.000$, or even more.
but if you are still working with 4x5" film many have the feeling, and this feeling is not untrue,- that even if you invest this money you still end up with several compromises. and this is not very sexy, after spending so much money.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=204825\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hi Rainer - that's a very importen point you are raising here - It could easily deserve it's own thread.

Unfortunately it's the naked truth, you will probably end op using an awful lot of time and to much money before you have a working solution that serves your own need and wishes - and sexy too  

My own road too this solution was not as straight forward that I hoped it would be - I came from using an Arca Monolith and an Arca Misura with a full line of Rodenstocks - a wonderful system for shooting architecture with film, especially the Misura was great! I thought; well I just replace the filmholder with an Aptus 75 and here we go....

Then I discover that the optics is not that exceptional with the Digi back as on film, then I started to change the wides to Digitars, the files were now sharper end free of CA, with sharper I mean most of the time, because after working a couple of month I find out that practically it's almost impossible to get a complete sharp image, on the entier frame, from a 24 mm on a view camera - some times it was hard with the 35mm as well... The Arca's was simply not precise enough - a least in my hands  

Then tested the Alpa XY, and discovered, that what I first thought as being too Swiss - tolerances of 1/100 of a mill, or is it 1/1000? does actually matters in a digital setup as this.

There is some talking about that you have to use a viewfinder or just the LCD  for composing - you are not forced to that - I'm VERY depending on using a groundglass, I use a Hasselblad ArcBody viewing system, with groundglass, exchangeable fresnel's and the reflex finder - I'm not kidding when saying that I prefer this solution over the 4x5's on the Arca's it's both brighter and sharper, and no dark corners due to the 5 different fresnel's you just slides in.

Will my setup be perfect for everybody - No, not even close, we all have very different needs and wishes, Rainer you made stunning images with your Gottschalt camera, but after I hold your camera I was sure it was not for me - my XY will never make you happy due to the lack of  "sliding adapter" - I like to have more than 25mm of shift -  some can compose beautifully on the back's lcd - others will only shoot tethered........ the list goes on.

In a way, it's a bit depressing when you think about it - you are going to spend a hell lot of money, and on the same time not being completely sure if this is going to work for you in the long run.

In that perspective it's only positive that there is a new very competent looking system on the way - It seems indeed that you have found/created your dream Rainer - I have found mine - so after all there is hope  

Very best,
Adam

rainer_v

• http://www.tangential.de
New Sinar arTec camera
« Reply #108 on: July 02, 2008, 08:41:33 am »

00? does actually matters in a digital setup as this.

There is some talking about that you have to use a viewfinder or just the LCD  for composing - you are not forced to that - I'm VERY depending on using a groundglass, I use a Hasselblad ArcBody viewing system, with groundglass, exchangeable fresnel's and the reflex finder - I'm not kidding when saying that I prefer this solution over the 4x5's on the Arca's it's both brighter and sharper, and no dark corners due to the 5 different fresnel's you just slides in.

Very best,
Adam
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=204971\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

hi adam,
i agree 100%.

2 questions ....:
which fresnels you are using ?
how much is the magnification of your ground glass viewer loupe ?

very best to you,-
( greatings to torben )
rainer viertlböck
architecture photograp

Harold Clark

New Sinar arTec camera
« Reply #109 on: July 02, 2008, 07:47:37 pm »

i was invited today to SINAR in swiss to accompany the announcement to distributors. the first prototype together with some lenses was  finished last thursday and i received no.1 for testing it now on real work .....
to my surprise there was not a single compromise made regarding the specifications i gave to SINAR. in contrary the camera can do more than i was asking for.... looks great. Eventually a camera which can do all i am asking for in digital architecture shooting.

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=204595\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Excellent, Rainer, and Sinar. I have been investigating the architectural cameras and found them all wanting in some regard.

The most obvious deficit to me is lack of a sliding back to permit ground glass viewing. The Silvestri comes close, but is more limited in movements and a couple of users I have corresponded with have expressed concerns about quality control and precision with the Bicam.

One useful feature the Silvestri has is a bellows accessory to allow longer, board mounted lenses ( although only to 120mm or so ). This would be a great addition to the Sinar, especially if it would allow lenses up to the 300mm range. I do quite a bit of architecture, but also industrial photography and landscapes. One camera for multiple uses has a great appeal, for both cost and ease of transport.

I did all my film based architecture with a Sinar Norma, in 4x5 and 5x7. I still use it for personal work, and love the precision. I am sure this new camera will be a winner too.

rethmeier

• http://www.willemrethmeier.com
New Sinar arTec camera
« Reply #110 on: July 04, 2008, 08:36:23 pm »

Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

BJNY

New Sinar arTec camera
« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2008, 08:46:25 pm »

Thank you, Willem.
The additional images in the PDF very clearly answers the questions I've raised in this thread.
Guillermo

rethmeier

New Sinar arTec camera
« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2008, 09:14:31 pm »

Yes,
it is certainly a hell of a camera.
I better start saving for that 28HR!
Cheers,
Willem.

N.B What I like is that I can that I can remove my eMotion 75 with the rotating adapter,from my Hy6 and mount it straight on the ArTec!
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

Caracalla

• http://
New Sinar arTec camera
« Reply #113 on: July 04, 2008, 09:36:41 pm »

What I like is that I can that I can remove my eMotion 75 with the rotating adapter,from my Hy6 and mount it straight on the ArTec!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=205589\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

W O W  !!! I presume you are talking about SINAR not LEAF Hy6! So if you can't do that man..... flush it down the toilet and I mean that seriously!

Where is the logic here, you pay so much money for product made by/for SINAR (hy6) and than you pay again for product made by SINAR (ArTec) to act happy just because you can remove your eMotion 75 with the rotating adapter, from my Hy6 and mount it straight on the ArTec!

Rethmeier, you are a great and respected photoapher, PLEASE DON'T ACT THAT HAPPY!!! You are not doing your self a favor, there is still a huge list of what SINAR needs to do/fix  

PRETEND THIERRY DOESN'T EXIST, WHERE/WHO/WHAT IS SINAR

thsinar

New Sinar arTec camera
« Reply #114 on: July 04, 2008, 09:57:11 pm »

... he can't: he doesn't have it yet!

flush it down the toilet and I mean that seriously!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=205595\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Willem is somebody enthusiastic about all nice things: let him be. Is it not nice to see people happy rather than complaining for all?
Where is the logic here, you pay so much money for product made by/for SINAR (hy6) and than you pay again for product made by SINAR (ArTec) to act happy just because you can remove your eMotion 75 with the rotating adapter, from my Hy6 and mount it straight on the ArTec!
Rethmeier, you are a great and respected photoapher, PLEASE DON'T ACT THAT HAPPY!!! You are not doing your self a favor,

as ...?
... there is still a huge list of what SINAR needs to do/fix  

Feuerthalen, Switzerland/a few dedicated, serious and motivated people at the service of their passion/the only manufacturer having a complete system for all needs, from cameras, over accessories and lenses, to MF digital backs.

Best regards,
Thierry
PRETEND THIERRY DOESN'T EXIST, WHERE/WHO/WHAT IS SINAR
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

Caracalla

• http://
New Sinar arTec camera
« Reply #115 on: July 04, 2008, 10:06:53 pm »

... he can't: he doesn't have it yet!

Willem is somebody enthusiastic about all nice things: let him be. Is it not nice to see people happy rather than complaining for all?
as ...?
Feuerthalen, Switzerland/a few dedicated, serious and motivated people at the service of their passion/the only manufacturer having a complete system for all needs, from cameras, over accessories and lenses, to MF digital backs.

Best regards,
Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=205601\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Therry I can't use my clutch and shift in to 5th gear with you   you are a sweet guy,  not the one responsible remember!

thsinar

New Sinar arTec camera
« Reply #116 on: July 04, 2008, 10:30:14 pm »

Therry I can't use my clutch and shift in to 5th gear with you   you are a sweet guy,  not the one responsible remember!
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=205602\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Thierry Hagenauer
thasia_cn@yahoo.com

mcfoto

• http://montalbetticampbell.com
New Sinar arTec camera
« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2008, 12:03:46 am »

Looks like an amazing camera. Well done!
Denis
Denis Montalbetti
Montalbetti+Campbell [

rethmeier

New Sinar arTec camera
« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2008, 02:08:38 am »

"Rethmeier, you are a great and respected photoapher"

Caracalla!

Thank's for the complement!  

Now there is one thing I want for my Hy6!
A Zeiss PC-Mutar 1.4X .

The one that Hasselblad is releasing for the H-series!

Now that's a handy item!

Cheers,
Willem.
Willem Rethmeier
www.willemrethmeier.com

ericstaud

• www.ericstaudenmaier.com
New Sinar arTec camera
« Reply #119 on: July 05, 2008, 06:45:17 pm »

Dimensions: 27 x 19 x 7 cm (approx. 11 x 7.5 x 3")

Weight: slightly under 1.5 Kg (approx. 3.2 lbs.)

Thierry
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=204852\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

What is the width of the camera with the digital back behind the lens and the ground glass off to the side?  It appears to be about 16" wide when capturing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up