Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: askPantone answer is wrong???  (Read 1446 times)

Box Brownie

• Engram Photography
askPantone answer is wrong???
« on: May 26, 2008, 05:46:27 pm »

Hi All

I was looking at the various "questions" at askPantone and found this one "Answer ID 1539

Question - How do I tell if my monitor calibration and profile are good?

In the answer it says -
You can perform a more comprehensive test of your huey monitor profile if you have Adobe Photoshop or any other application that is able to display photos (bitmapped images) using ICC profiles. In the following steps, you can view the images with and without the monitor profile. To turn off the monitor profile in Adobe Photoshop, select View > Proof Setup > Monitor RGB. The monitor profile will be off if View > Proof Colors is checked. To turn the profile on and off, uncheck and then recheck Proof Colors.

I have emboldened and underline the section, surely when View>Proof Colors is checked the monitor profile is on ?

Anyone know the folk at Pantone to get a revision done asap!

Oh and on that note - by softproofing using ctrl Y is it not the case that in PPing once you have made adjustments such that when doing ctrl Y (on & off) there is now difference then you know that the outputted image will 'match' the screen "look" i.e. the image with its own embedded profile (sRGB perhaps & workspace as many commercial print labs ask for the image to have an sRGB profile) had had its adjustments made correctly to match the monitor profile ~ the monitor image will match the printed one?

Or am I just getting b****y confused.  Before I installed my Huey I used Adobe Gamma and PPed my images to taste and the lab images looked extremely close by comparison & I do not recall ever using ctrl Y !!!!!! agh!

« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 06:07:25 pm by Box Brownie »
A collection of mine here http://500px.c
Pages: [1]   Go Up