Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cambo 23D-39mp Digitar 35 or 47 XLs  (Read 2094 times)

rhsu

Cambo 23D-39mp Digitar 35 or 47 XLs
« on: May 23, 2008, 08:32:59 pm »

I'm new here BUT have been reading you people for over 5 years.  I've recently upgraded to H3D-39mp from my V96c and the upgrade has opened up a new playing field of wide-angle (WA), and enabling me to use my Cambo 23D more, aside from the wgt of the thing.  My V96c restriction for wide-angle eventually frustrated me notwithstanding owning a CFE-FLE 40mm, which produced quality landscapes image, and my love affair with my view digital format lenses for products shoots.  
1)  I'm struggling between 35mm XL and 47mm XL Digitars Copal 0 (no Rodenstock because of IC too small - I too note that one NOT does need alot of movement for that sort of lens ie HR 35mm can work @ f4 and utilising movements to get the DF but available movements are limited for the IC against 39mp).  I know that any WA lenses, the edges are soft due to the inherit nature of physics.  In terms of landscape work, which of lenses has a more practical application (ie including stitching)?  
2)  I also read in several on-line feedbacks elsewhere that people are having trouble focusing at infinity with 35XL with their view camera (ie Linhof).  But I would thought a WA recess lens board would have allowed focusing at infinity with this lens, albeit the necessity of a helica focus ring ie Cambo DS wide etc.  
3)  I have been reading alot on Silvestri Flexicam specs but in the light of the infinity issue with the WA lenses, how does Flexicam get over that issue (if any) without the helica focus ring?
Look forward for any feedbacks and links to already discussed threads here or elsewhere.
Pages: [1]   Go Up